Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2002 10:00:08 PM EDT
What's up with everybody hack'n on olympic arms???  I purchased a pcr-4/ss bull bbl 20', shoots great.  There barrels are build to a tighter tol. than others, little more break in period, I spoke with some 30 ar part dealers at gunshows over the last year, and I asked there opinion on ar's.  Most replied, they sold more parts to new colt owners, bushmaster (that's right, I thought they were #1 in the industry, for whatever that is worth).  Most also said, Armalite, old colt, and olympic in there pics for the top 3.  I think this is pretty reliable info, coming from guys who sell parts to a wide varity of shooters.  more opinions, please!!!!!!  also, Bell and Carlson is camoing ar's, anyone seen anywork they have done, Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#1]
How many of these parts dealers were one of the magical
Ranger Green Beret Navy Seal CIA Ninjas in Vietnam?

They always know what they are talking about!

Bushies are great. Remeber your ABC's
Armalite
Bushmaster
Colt
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 7:06:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Preference,  I personally dislike Colts,  I had Colt, Bushmaster, DPMS, RRA, Essential Arms and Olympic.  They all worked just fine.  Oh except Colt is a sell out.  Pay for the name if you would like but I would take just about any AR manufacturer over Colt.  But that is just me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#3]
oly makes one of the best brouche type rifled barrels out there, i am imformed that there are only a few companys out there that make forged recivers and they put there raised marks on them so the other rifle manufactures can trace them in case they have any imperfections..so yeah i have a busmaster but it has an oly reciever,but then bushy puts its moly-coating on it then its all-better....   there is also a lot of difference in the feel(if not the sound also)in the spring and buffer on different rifles...  so all things being equal-or unequal..  if you like oly and it works for you , don't listen to anybody else.....i tend to agree with the ABC theory   armilite,bushmaster,colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top