Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2002 6:08:20 PM EDT
I'm considering either a J&T Bull Barrel kit or a finished V match.  Can someone tell me what they've experienced with these rifles accuracy and quality wise?  I plan to use it mostly for prairie dogs and paper punching.  Thanks.

org
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 7:24:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 20" J&T Wilson Bullbarrel.  It is an A3 flattop with freefloat hand guards.  With handloaded ammo and a good quality scope I have gotten 5 shot 1/2" MOA groups at 100 yards with this upper.  I can easily get consistently less than 1" MOA with just about any type of quality off the shelf ammo.

It looks just like this upper except it has the standard A3 flattop with forward assist and ejection port cover not the highrise style shown.

I am currently looking to sell it since I am funding a new project.  I have less than 500 rounds thru it and the barrel was painstakingly broken in.  I would be willing to sell it complete with bolt carrier and bolt assembly for $400 or best offer(less scope of course).

Let me know if you are interested.  E-mail is [email protected]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 7:37:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, sgtar15.  I'm probably a month away from purchase, but I'll keep your email.  Still looking for V match info.

org
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 8:31:00 AM EDT
[#3]
It's hard to say. I've had a 20" V-Match factory rifle; I wasn't overly impressed.

I bought a Sherluk 20" SS ported bull barrel kit and a RRA trigger group for less than the cost of a V-Match (which had a stock trigger when I bought it from BM). With 75gr Black Hills moly coated ammo it has shot 1 hole groups (smaller than a dime) at 100 yards.

YMMV -
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top