Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2002 4:47:45 PM EDT
I'm Cable access and by the time this gets on I'll have used about 8 minutes...   As an ex- WNY resident, I need to stay connected and you guys provide the perfect WNY fix...
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know but I hope they get it straightened out soon .I have DSL and it is nerve racking waitng after being use to almost instant connection.But atleast the site is back up and running it has gone down twice  the past month.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I live in a rural area and log on at 26K. Talk about slow! Heck, I wish they offered DSL or cable here.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I have cable also and its taking around 5 minutes for a page to load.  This site is basically unusable.  I've been spending my time at the various other weapon information sites.
Bill3508
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 6:22:33 PM EDT
[#4]
MY GOD!!!!!!!!  i was wondering if this is gonna happen every few weeks or so, or what?  i'm kind of a newbie, and i don't know if i'll stick around if it's going to be THIS DAMN SLOW!!!!  
BTW, i just skipped putting an animated legend in my post, because it was taking TOO FUCKING LONG.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 7:02:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a pokey ass dial up & it only takes about 1 minute to post a reply. Not that slow if you ask me.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 7:27:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a cable connection and the other day it was unbearable.  Today not to bad.  Almost like it was a couple of weeks ago.  I have posted a couple of times that it is slower after I have logged in.

Bob B

Link Posted: 2/23/2002 8:50:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Reckon I'll just hang around until it's fixed.

(Cable modem, running pretty good tonight.)
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Until it's fixed.

What else are you gonna' do?

I, too, have dialup, and it doesn't take more than 30 seconds to change pages or 45 seconds to submit a response or new topic.

Slow but not that bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top