Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2002 3:34:25 PM EDT
Well just about an hour or so ago I had the pleasure of my first bump fire. Today is my 18th birthday and i wanted to try somthin special. I had a big honkin metal counter top propped up on some boards as an area target. unfortunatly i only have 20 rnds left until i get my 1200 rnds of south african .223 from ammoman. i wanted to save 10 for another time and loaded my thermold 30rndr with the other 10.

After firing 1 shot to be sure that the bullet would penetrate the thick metal plate (you bet it did) i took my position and fired the last 9 rnds bump firing. all 9 rnds were gone in a couple of seconds!!! it was awsome!

highs: rocked my body, was LOUD and there was a great big flash to enjoy. Plus the obvious feeling of firing real fast.

lows. well a few minutes ago (about an hour after i shot) the cops showed up. Some old lady called complaining that she had heard someone shooting.....get this.... an AUTOMATIC WEAPON!!!

On the upside the sherrif deputy that responed was familiar with my family and is a shooter himself. He was very understanding and told us about some of the complaints hes got from nieghbors before.

anyway it was a wonderful experience that ill never forget and am bound to repeat!
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 4:46:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump firing is a blast. I've had my days long ago of wasted ammo dumps just to get the thrill. I'm sort of an old man now that bench shoots 20 rounds in ten minutes.
If I were your age again I would go every chance I could and ripped through a couple of mags just to get the old anti on the phone. This is where you have the anti's by the balls. Assuming your on your own private land within the proper distance away from a dwelling or highway, proper backstop and not shooting during the "nuisance hours".
Enjoy your new skill.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
all 9 rnds were gone in a couple of seconds!!! it was awesome!

Amen brother!! Congrats to you on your first run!!
I had the good fortune of borrowing a buddy of mines AK with a 90 round drum. He hasn't been able to do the "bump" yet, so I showed him what it would do. We placed a little side bet on this event. I bet him another drum worth, that I could run the whole drum without stopping. If I couldn't he could shoot the other 100 rounds out of my Bushy M4.
Well........I won the bet. I started in and ran the whole drum without a hitch. Then I got to reload the drum and do it again!! Man, that was cool!! Or I guess I should say "HOT"!! That damn AK was just a smokin!! The only problem with doing this though, is running out of ammo. But it sure was fun!!!

DK
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Well I know im far enough away from a highway and on my private property. I do live sorta close to some other people but not close enough to hurt. And the only time I shoot is during the mid day and early evening. This is the first time its happend before. I think the poor olf lady is just a bit paranoid.

now I just wish i had more ammo so i could do a whole 30rndr!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah bump firing is fun, can't really do it on a .22lr because of the lack of recoil, but I use some hi-cap mags and my 10/22 and have cheap fun!!!!!!

_Chuck

and with the lack of noise, the .22 doesn't send the old ladies to the kitchen to dial 911
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top