Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2002 7:40:22 AM EDT
I just bought a Springfield Milspec 1911A1 and after shooting it I wasa almost ready to throw it at the damn target! I first thought something was way off on the iron sights, but after putting it on a rest it shot a very tight group. I am a lefty and the gun seems to shoot down and to the right. What can be done to correct this? By the way, my Glock 19 was shooting flawlessly so I know it is not that I cant shoot!  I just cant seem to shoot a 1911 yet!

Link Posted: 2/23/2002 8:43:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#2]
This might help you out: www.americanshooter.com/Features/features.html

I typically hold the pistol a lot lower than that, but I also have small hands.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 4:24:26 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are string your shots lower and to the right it general means. You have a grip problem. The too the right is general caused by the firing hand wrist be off set. It doesn't take much just move your hand around till you find your wrist aligns. The downward stringing is general caused by increasing the grip pressure when you press the trigger.

Of course this is all General rules with out actually seeing you shoot it's hard to verify.

Clinth
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 4:39:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What can be done to correct this? By the way, my Glock 19 was shooting flawlessly so I know it is not that I cant shoot

Has to be trigger pull. There's no greater difference than between a Glock & 1911 than any other combo, IMO.
Are you using the two-hand "cup & saucer" hold?

Dry fire a few times & watch the front sight post & see where it goes. Has to be the same as your point-of-impact.
Hope this helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top