Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2002 12:17:43 AM EDT
...eh?
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 12:24:30 AM EDT
[#1]
DUDE! thats SOOoo LAST WEEK!  LOL Really though Tromix beat ya to that one a long time ago. I have never shot one only seen a few. People that have shot them complain of recoil alot. I tucked this one into my little file Called WHY??
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 7:44:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Tromix quit making the 50AE, and the other companies that still do havent really made a well working 50AE yet.  Now the one I bought from Tony is in .458SOCOM and it kicks ass! you can get one from www.teppojutsu.com for the same price as from Tromix, $865.  I would highly recommend getting one!!

Link Posted: 2/23/2002 9:18:41 AM EDT
[#3]
how much does a 50AE kick? Do they kick like a 308?? If you want to talk about kick try rem700 in 7mm magnum (or better yet, 300 win mag or 300 rem ultramag)
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 9:25:11 AM EDT
[#4]
The .50 AE does not kick that bad. About like a 12 Ga. with birdhot loads. It is more like a shove than a "kick".

I just sent my upper to Tony for some final modifications. He is turning the barrel down and going with carbine hand guard. This will leave the gas block exposed, which I think will look very cool. It is the big round gas block that I think DPMS sells for their space guns.

The .458 was not available when I bought mine. So now I'm thinking I need another one.

-elliott
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 12:32:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 5:06:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top