Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2002 7:23:12 PM EDT
I want to get a cheap sks rifle but the ones in the shotgun news have bayonets and gernade launchers so they aren't legal for california does anyone got any online sources for a legal SKS? I am in the $175 range maybe more I have seen them for $139 so I think I should be able to find one for 175.
Link Posted: 2/20/2002 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2002 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#2]
You know rather then getting one of those limp dick libral loving pus-ass Kalifornia legal firearms; why don't you just leave that fucking State and move someplace where you can get a real gun.  A man's gun.  Gesus-H-Christ you fucking Kalifornia milk-toast pussies will be here in six more months asking what is the best squirt-gun to buy for self defense.  Now try, real hard, to not cry on me now.
Link Posted: 2/20/2002 10:01:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Kinda easy to sit there and bitch alot when you arent in his situation isnt it?
Link Posted: 2/20/2002 11:02:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By Sitting Bull:
You know rather then getting one of those limp dick libral loving pus-ass Kalifornia legal firearms; why don't you just leave that fucking State and move someplace where you can get a real gun.  A man's gun.  Gesus-H-Christ you fucking Kalifornia milk-toast pussies will be here in six more months asking what is the best squirt-gun to buy for self defense.  Now try, real hard, to not cry on me now.

"STTING BULL"....Kinda says it all doncha think?

Not everyone wants to move to a place filled with sister lovin', cousin marryin' imbred ititerate lowlifes whos idea of a good time involves a bottle of cheap whiskey a tube of vasiline and the family sheep.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 7:58:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Ha give me a fuckin break Southern California is a damn nice place to live about 75 degrees out nice and sunny, I live a block away from the beach. girls wearing skippy outfits because of the weather its a damn nice place too live too bad our gun/car laws are soo messed up but I will stay here anyway.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 9:13:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Hearing people in Cali talk about warm weather despite harsh gun laws make me laugh. I live 5 minutes from the beach, I can buy an AR-15 or any other "evil" weapon, get a handgun with a 3-day waiting period (no waiting with a CCW) and shoot in 70 degree weather in December. If you want the sun, beach and own whatever gun you want (including all class 3 weapons) just move over to Florida :)
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 2:56:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmmmm, let's see,
MedCop provided links to help 1911greg. +

"SittingBull" somehow interpreted the original question as someone wanting to hear his lame opinion on California. -

Snorkel_Bob added his support for the original poster. +

Pheonix5 offered his support also. +

SMProud seems to have the same literacy skills as Sitting Bull and offered his two bits on why Florida is better(?) than California. -

At least I can be happy that the people with a positive attitude and proper respect for other folks on this site outnumber the ignorant.

1911greg, first, I would find an FFL close enough for you to deal with who isn't scared to handle an SKS transfer. Check out MedCop's links and perhaps the ShotgunNews or Gunlist(I think that's the title of the other newpaper style gun mag). Go to any firearms site that has an SKS/AK board and ask around there too.
There's an AK board here on AR15.com, one on www.assaultweb.net
and I believe there'a a site called something like...ak47.com. Good Luck!
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 4:50:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Man, I used to live in Southern Kalifornia; till I got smart and got the fuck out.  Yea, Kalifornia that's the place, worst drug problem on the whole North American Continent, decaying moral values (Phoenix 5 - I guess what you're trying to say is that you have sex with young boys - and you think that's OK), astronomical crime problem, the single greatest welfare state in the world (did you know that greater then fifty percent of every man, woman, and child in the State of Kalifornia is on State welfare?  Do you know what the requirements to get welfare in Kalifornia are??? - You need to show up at a welfare office, and you need a mailing address somewhere in Kalifornia.  Don't need to prove you're a US citizen, don't need to be able to speak English.  Do you have any idea how many tens of thousands of Mexicans in Tijuana are living off of Kalifornia welfare????)  Man Kalifornia is the biggest piece of shit place to live that I've ever seen.  I'm sure glad that you guys are dumb enough to live there, wouldn't want you all to be moving into my neighborhood - you'd all probably want to try and fuck my three year old son.

Southern Florida rules; absoslutely fantastic place.  Can't say enough good things about it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#9]
It’s funny how people will jump on their soap box at the first opportunity. 1911Greg try aimsurplus.com for an SKS, I think they just got their better quality rifles in.
Try gunbroker.com for a local dealer to do the transfer. I have found that most of them will do the transfer.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 8:54:10 PM EDT
[#10]
for my 101 post...
According to SB23, our "Assault Weapons restriction act"
You can have any “pre-ban” feature on a rifle with a FIXED MAGAZINE.

There is no penal code that specifically declares grenade launchers, bayonets, flash suppressors or folding stocks as 'evil' features for any fixed magazine firearm.  So really your ok, I was told that you could not have a collapsible stock or grenade launcher on any firearm from a DOJ analyst – but with no penal code to back them up then it’s all just hot air.
Detachable Magazine firearms are tightly regulated.  Not too many of them here - but there are a few.

As far as leaving Kalifornia, I say screw that.  I’m digging in for the long hull – and every other Kalifornian oppressed citizen should to.  We won’t win by running away, lets take ground not lose it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 9:14:53 PM EDT
[#11]
FWIW
Someone over at assaultweb is selling a Russian SKS and hes in So CAL.
assaultweb.net/ubb/Forum12/HTML/204763.html
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 9:42:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Florida sucks except when the Daytona 200 runs there, then it's ok.

Oh wait, this is a thread about buying legal Kalifornicastan weapons.

Have you tried the Del Mar or Ventura County gun shows?
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 9:54:18 PM EDT
[#13]
sulaco,
Remember, there is still the federal import ban of '89 to deal with. AFAIK he cannot put a folding stock and a flash suppressor on the rifle.

1911greg,
only the Chinese SKS's canNOT have the bayonet attached. Also I believe the grenade launcher is considered a "destructive device". So that is a gray area. You should get your C&R license and have these rifles shipped to your front door, as long as they are at least 50 years old. (excludes Chinese and Yugos)
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 1:02:38 AM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By Sitting Bull:
(Phoenix 5 - I guess what you're trying to say is that you have sex with young boys - and you think that's OK

Sex with young boys? How did you get that from my post dickhead?[-!-]

wouldn't want you all to be moving into my neighborhood - you'd all probably want to try and fuck my three year old son.

What is it with you and young boys? Are you a pedophile or something? Maybe your son should watch out for dad.

Southern Florida rules; absoslutely fantastic place.  Can't say enough good things about it.

Yup! Southern Florida, Where morons can't follow simple directions on a ballot! So tell me, are all the people in your neighborhood as "Inteligent as you?"

I feel sorry for other members who have to share a state with a POS like you.
But then I'm sure you fit right in with those other mental giants that live in Dade County and West Palm Beach.

Feel free to post whatever lame-assed comments you like in response, for I won't waste anymore time on you.

BTW: For all the members in who I have come to respect, any comments made by me in regards to Florida do not pertain to you.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#15]
JBear - thanks for the heads up.  I know about SB23, but not too much about the others laws.  But I’m learning

USNJoe - I went to a gun show in Santa Barbara <about 30 minutes away from Ventura> and man was that gun show bad.  It was more of a C&R show than an arms show.  The price of ammo was better at big five and as far as modern guns were concerned, there were a handful of glocks on a single table at the back of the place.  There were about a dozen over priced SKS’ there too<$250 for something that looked like it was pulled out of a swamp, $500 for a Russian SKS that was in good condition>.

No ammo, no guns, and no decent accessories <I wanted to get a tactical holster for my CZ85, nope didn’t even find a single tactical holster>.  I tell you I should have demanded my money back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top