Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2002 6:51:55 PM EDT
is this a fair price ? i've been running (aaah, surffin !) all over the .net & in Gun List & Shotgun News, if bought seperately, the best price i can get is $2,200..., ALL Colt...., & that is from dealers, this find of mine is a private party...........

Colt AR15 preban NIB with M4 upper
Condition: New In Box
$2000
Link Posted: 2/20/2002 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#1]
KickA$$,

Check it out thoroughly to ensure if "new" or for wear & abuse it not. If it passes inspection and you've got the $$$ - take it. Around my neck of the WA woods, M4geries are approaching the $3K mark. Preban == gold, my friend. Post bans - some like 'em - work fine, but you can do a lot more with pre's. I bought 2 and will never let 'em go. But, I paid more than $2K ea.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 4:11:18 AM EDT
[#2]
MB,
thanx fer the info...!!

i am not familiar wyth "M4geries", can you elucidate.....?

the last Email i got from the fellow, says it has a folding stock, is new, never fired, i'll be making contact wyth him in the next few days, we live about 100 miles apart, so when we meet it'll be look & buy or look & bye-bye !!
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 6:28:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Preban lower complete:  $800.
Telestock:  $100.
M4gery upper:  $600.

The chance to pay $2,000 for a Colt when you can get equal or better quality for only $1,500????

PRICELESS.

Link Posted: 2/22/2002 4:27:16 AM EDT
[#4]
got  a bit more info on the Colt AR15 pre-ban, the lower is of early 90's manufacture, "Sporter Match Hbar M6600" wyth a factory installed "block", Colt collapsible stock, M4 16" upper 1-9 twist, "...the rifle is in the current military configuration..."
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 5:28:52 AM EDT
[#5]
If you must have a Colt and money is no object, then go for it. Personally, I'd pass for $2000....

The HBAR lower isn't the most popular lower Colt made but it's would bring $800 as G-man stated.

You can find a PWA, Eagle Arms, or Bushmaster if you are patient, in a complete preban rifle for $1100 or less and sell off the upper and buy a Bushmaster M4 upper from Keisler Wholesale for $349.00 and you would have a nice M4gery for less than $1200.00

Link Posted: 2/22/2002 7:01:03 PM EDT
[#6]
M4A3,

thanx for the advice, wellllllll.., money is no object ! but.., common sense is, i just found out the rifle is NOT originally configured, some folks use the "NIB" term rather loosely, the lower is "NIB" & the upper is "NIB", the parts never left the factory together, i am collecting AR15s, pre & post ban, but concentrating on the pre-ban "ABC"s  

i have plenty of shootable AR's, i just thot i'd pick up a few honest pre-ban "NIB"s, some folks are buying gold.., i am buying quality rifles..., some day i'll have ALL their gold.., & they'll have SOME of my guns !!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/22/2002 7:14:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
M4A3,

some folks are buying gold.., i am buying quality rifles..., some day i'll have ALL their gold.., & they'll have SOME of my guns !!!!!!

ROTFLMAO!
You're a man with a plan :)

M4A3 just gave excellent advice.
That is exactly what
I will be doing when time comes to configure my Eagle Arms preban to 'official'M4gery status.

Bushy M4 uppers for $349?? WHERE??
Is "Kiesler's" online??
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 1:28:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Is "Kiesler's" online??

Yes. www.kieslersonline.com

but I don't think they have the uppers listed. You may have to call.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 4:56:05 AM EDT
[#9]
they say ignorance is blissfull..., welll i thought i heard it that a way.....!

here is my token ignorance.., can any one define exactly what is a "M4gery"....?? what are they made up from ? & what does one look lyke...??

are there M4's that are not a "gery"....??

all my AR15's (except for one) are factory configured pre & post ban wyth 16" or 20" bbl's

i have been doing a lot of reading here on AR15.com & i have gotten the bug to build my own rifle..., IF i do i'd want to do it from the "exploded view" drawings, my only concern is getting propper head space, or is that not too big a problem ??

i looked at that Kiesler.com site but cud not find a 5.56/223 Rem, headspace field gage, where can i get one ?
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 7:32:05 AM EDT
[#10]
You can get headspace guages from both Bushmaster and Brownells.  Be sure to get both a GO and a NOGO guage.  You'll have no use for the FIELD guage.  HTH
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#11]
The “M4gery” is just a term used to express that it’s semi-auto
clone of the military model M4.

There is no such thing as a factory assembled preban M4 clone.
As such, any M4 clone you find will be assembled from parts.

I agree that’s an improper use of the term NIB, the seller should
have just stated it’s new, never fired.  Also, $2000 seems a bit on
the high end.  The market is currently down.  You could probably
build your own Colt version for around $1500 or less.

M4 parts can range from factory original Colt to hack knock offs.

The typical parts required to build an M4 clone are:

- M4 profile barrel, either 16" or 14.5" with a perm installed      
muzzle devise that bring the total length to over 16".

- Collapsible four position stock.

- Either a flat top or an A2 upper.

- M4 hand guards.

R/K
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#12]
marvl,

i have never used a "GO" "NO GO" or "Field" gage, as i have never built a centerfire rifle, have built muzzle loaders from parts, but, on a forum i read somewhere, the person telling about building an AR, said that, "head space was critical, but !, a field gage is all one needs.."

i plan on buying a few more books b4 i get involved, i lyke to study a project, then talk to someone who has done it, then...........
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 1:34:41 PM EDT
[#13]
thanx R_K,

i haven't spoken this "gun" language in many years, in fact i am a near total stranger to most of it, i am one of those old gun fanatics from yesteryear, i bought a Colt AR15 back in the 70's run a few rounds thru it, cleand it & put it away in it's box for almost 30 years.., about 2 years ago i got some ol "junk" out of storage, kinda took a 20 year break after i gave up my FFL, i was a dealer/manufacturer, & licensed explosives & pyrotechnics "expert" in San Diego County, Commiefornia, back in the late 60's early 70's..., they started regulating lyttle guys lyke me out of business, due to increased paperwork, insurance & yes...!! surprize inspections, & if you just happened to have a few thyngs out of order that day...., pal !! you are in big trouble !!!!!!

i guess one might say i went into a 20 year hibernation, then awoke a couple years ago & now i am trying to make up for lost tyme & spend all my kids inheritance..., if they want the guns after i'm gone they'll have to buy them at auction........., providing that activity is not banned by the tyme i'm dust in the wind......

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top