Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2002 11:27:04 AM EDT
I keep hearing of something called Bump firing. Can anybody explain this to me??

Link Posted: 2/17/2002 11:39:06 AM EDT
[#1]
1st, Place the rifle's stock against your forehead. Fire as fast as you with your head taking all the recoil and you'll get the most awesome buzz! Really!
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#2]
heeyy, I might be unconscious for a few hours but at least I'll have fun!

Link Posted: 2/17/2002 12:03:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
1st, Place the rifle's stock against your forehead. Fire as fast as you with your head taking all the recoil and you'll get the most awesome buzz! Really!

So that's what I've been doing wrong!
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 12:04:57 PM EDT
[#4]
why bump...........??

make a "Lightning Link"
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 12:17:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
why bump...........??

make a "Lightning Link"

1) no extra parts needd
2) you can do it any time anywhere with an out of box semi auto
3) the rest of the time it's just a plain old semi auto.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been experimenting with my PSS and the BUMP.. haven't made hardly any progress at all, could be that the PSS is not a military weapon.. I guess that the next test run will be with my No4MkII  
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#7]
7IDL-
I don't think you're keeping your finger straight enough. That could be the problem.

Breakfest Club-
Sorry, for yanking your chain. Bump firing is using the rifles recoil against a finger held fixed against the trigger. Works better with AK's or AR's with really light trigger pulls. Hold the rifle with your left hand at waist level. Right hand trigger finger is held in a fixed position so that when you pull the rifle forward with your left your fixed trigger finger trips the trigger and the guns recoils back and fourth almost like shooting full auto.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 12:53:15 PM EDT
[#8]
To help stablize your trigger hand, take your thumb and loop it through your belt loop on your jeans and follow what mk1 posted. Just keep the forward pressure steady on the forearm grip, dont use your trigger finger to squeeze the trigger, just keep it stiff and BRRRRRRRAAAAAAAP!!! 30 round AK mag in under 3 or so seconds With enough practice you can really get some relatively accurate shots.

Word of advise though, wouldnt do much of it at an organized range especially like here in NY.
Link Posted: 2/20/2002 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#9]
If you have access to more than one AR, start with the lightest weight AR you have available, with the best trigger. Seems to be the easiest to get to work.
After you get the hang of it, and practice  a bit, it's pretty easy. Saw a mpeg of a Garand being bumped not too long ago.
Kinda fun, but no practical purpose. Ammo eater/Noise maker/Attention getter.
Most important....BE SAFE!
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 5:38:04 AM EDT
[#10]
How do you make a lightining link, how do you use it, and is it leagle?
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 6:21:31 AM EDT
[#11]
LEGAL!  The word is LEGAL!!  

AAAAGH!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 6:42:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Damn, sorry about my mistake, I'm a pipefitter. I hit my head on a 3" cast iron fitting last night, just woke up before that post. All clear now. Well not all clear, still a little foggy at times. LEGAL...How's that? I'll run spell check from now on. LOL
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 9:09:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Bumping?
I tried it once at an outdoor range.
Rangemaster got alllll bent out of shape. [>(]
Came outta nowhere on his ATV in a cloud of dust!
Told me to put the "MAK-90" away.
WTF??!!
Thing is, it was my AR Carbine!!

This little thing really rocks.
If never, ever in my life could I hope to afford nor legally acquire a full-auto, who cares, I can already get a good taste enough of it--and plenty good--with my semi.

WHO NEEDS FA ANYWAY????
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 9:45:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 4:57:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Yup DVD...pretty cool!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top