Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2002 11:15:29 PM EDT
I am a UK shooter and i have heard about new laws that after the September 11th attack  prohibits non US citizens from renting guns , and ammo  at gun shows like KNOBCREEK and Gunsite and other comercial ranges around the US .
So if i wanted to come to the US for a shooting holiday , at the moment , i can not .
Is this true ??  
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 1:11:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't give you a definate answer but I don't think that is true. I do believe that you might be scrutinized a bit more.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:50:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am a UK shooter and i have heard about new laws that after the September 11th attack  prohibits non US citizens from renting guns , and ammo  at gun shows like KNOBCREEK and Gunsite and other comercial ranges around the US .
So if i wanted to come to the US for a shooting holiday , at the moment , i can not .
Is this true ??  

As I understand it, the new law is that a legal alien cannot buy a firearm w/o a hunting licence in addition to the normal ID required.
As for Knob Creek, I would think that one can rent to their hearts content as the guns owner is standing right there beside you when you shoot. No one asks for ID when you pay your money. :)
So come on down, bring money & shoot the hell out of whatever you can afford!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#3]
The restrictions are on non-resident aliens purchasing firearms.  I don't  think rentals are affected.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 1:05:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am a UK shooter  

And I am the easter bunny.  LOL.  Quick question, all laughs aside.  How do you UK shooters keep the gun culture alive over there?  Or is the gun culture truly dead, and only carried on by checking web sites like this one?  My sympathies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top