Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2002 4:47:51 PM EDT
Well, I bought myself another gun today. I stopped by the local Gunshop and bought a Mosin-Nagant Rifle.

I found out thought that getting ammunition is going to be tricky. I drove back and forth all over Pensacola and only one dealer carries 7.62x54 and they want $23 a box which is more than $1 per round. Sounds like .50 BMG prices. I know in Orlando this stuff was cheaper than most other ammo. Kinda sucks that they sell the guns, but nobody carries ammo. for it.

It looks like I'll have to order online.

I'd like to get the ammo. and get it out to shoot. It appears to have sights marked to 2,000 meters. So, I am guessing these should be pretty accurate.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 6:21:59 PM EDT
[#2]
cc you must be kidding

7.62x54 is one of the cheapest rounds out there....not as cheap as x39 but close.

Mind you the last batch I got was CRAP!!  I mean only 5 out of a box of 15 fired!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top