Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2002 10:43:21 AM EDT
I'm going to get a A1 upper in just a few min.s

My question is  what are the tail-tail sings  of a unpper that has been shot out?  What do I need to check ?  It's a colt A1 upper,I know to look at the finish,and pin holes .but is there anything other i need to look or check for?

Semper-fi
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 11:12:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Mostly check bore-though barrel can be replaced. Take a round of .223; shoot not be able to get bullet fully into muzzle.
Checking bolt face can tell you alot about how much it has been shot, and check chamber. Head space guages would be nice in order to check that but I doubt you have any of those or can get one in an hour. Others may have other advice.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 11:16:31 AM EDT
[#2]
It's just a upper no barrel or bolt ..
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#3]
The threads would be the only thing I would wotty about then.  And look fo any cracks around the takedown and pivit pin holes.  How much are they charging?
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 2:39:41 PM EDT
[#4]
O-well the deal didn't fly ,rear pin holes was egg shaped,and the finish was shit ...Back to looking agin ...I'v found them on the internet but it's hard for me to pay hard earned money ,for somthing unseen'

Semper-fi
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Why a used upper? You can use any of them out there. Rock River Arms has some very nice pieces. Check their web site.

Semper fi
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 3:31:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I wish Rock River did have a A1 upper,(if they do I can't find them on the web. site)they have A2's with feild sites(A1 sites)and a left hand round thingy..I'm looking for a Large hole,A1 upper(F/A)and NO lefthand round defl./perf.Colt,in good shape

Semper-fi
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#7]
www.bushmaster.com
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 7:13:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
www.bushmaster.com

Edited to add: KY imports has complete A1 uppers.  Colt Gov't model with evil features, and listed as v.good cond for 339.99. No bolt.
Just an afterthought. I've thought about buying one myself.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks drjarhead
For the KY link,looks like they mite have one ,I'm looking for a upper without barrel ,I see they have some with  barrels ,I droped them a e-mail  maybe I'll luck up ....Did you look at the so called A1's on the Bushmaster site?(they have that damn south paw thing on them )

Semper-fi
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top