Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2002 5:53:20 AM EDT
I'm sure that everybody read my last post in which I reported my mag problms with my new Kahr P-40.  Well I'd thought that I'd just give everybody some followup.  If we're gonna print bad stuff about a company here, then we also have to print good stuff about a company as well.

Got the pistol back the other day, and it works now; mags don't fall out.  The pistol also was returned to me (via my local gunshop) with two additional mags and they installed some tritium night sights which I had asked them to do.  However, to the best of my knowledge, my credit card has not been charged for either the tritium night sights nor the two extra mags.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 7:02:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 5:15:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Glad to hear that.I have a nine on the poly frame I bought for my wife about a year ago.Havent had any problems yet,but nice to know that they will take care of one if it comes up.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 5:25:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a P9 that has been back to factory twice now. 1st time the slide lock would engage after every shot. Sent it in, it came back and low and behold the slide lock would not engage all right, it wouldn't engage at all, even on an empty mag! Not only that but they must have done something to the trigger as it would not engage after every shot, you would have to pull the trigger twice to get it to engage.
Sent it back again and they fixed all the problems, new slide lock and reworked the trigger bar. So far no problem and I have run about 300 rds through it.
It kind of pissed me off that it happened in the 1st place, BUT I must say the Kahr's customer service is excellent, any time I called to check on progress my questions were answered quickly, or they would call back with the info.
I'm not sure if I would buy another Kahr though, this is the 1st time I have ever had to send a gun back to the factory, so it soured me a little, if I didn't like the pistol so much I would sell it...
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:00:53 AM EDT
[#4]
 I have the MK-9 and love it . No problems so
far, knock on wood . I do think they are good guns .
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Was shooting  my P-40 this afternoon and two or three times the slide locked back with rounds still in the clip.  However I wasn't positive if I had the clip in COMPLETELY firmly or not.  And the manual says that the gun should not be considered combat ready until at least 200 rounds are through it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm not sure if I would buy another Kahr though, this is the 1st time I have ever had to send a gun back to the factory, so it soured me a little, if I didn't like the pistol so much I would sell it...

In general, you would agree that Beretta puts out a good pistol, right? Everyone has a slip-up in QC now and then. Once upon a time, etc, etc, I had a factory new Beretta 96 that needed a return visit to fix a problem where it would throw shavings (forget if it was brass or copper) in my face every time it was fired. The trip back to the factory got everything back in working order.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top