Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2002 11:08:55 AM EDT
I just bought a Colt green label advertised on the internet as a gov't carbine from Cuzco but it's stamped "sporter II" on the receiver. Cuzco said that when Colt added the A2 sights to the 6420 sporter they re-classified it as a 6520 so it is actually a gov't carbine. Am I too much of a greenhorn to know that or is my common sense right-if it says sporter II it's a  sporter II? Either way, he did agree to a refund.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure an RKI will correct me if I'm wrong, but a gov't carbine should be marked as such.  Green labels should be marked AR15 on them... I think the "sporter 2" is a blue label lower...
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm sure an RKI will correct me if I'm wrong, but a gov't carbine should be marked as such.  Green labels should be marked AR15 on them... I think the "sporter 2" is a blue label lower...

A Govt Carbine DEFINATELY should be marked as such. That is an out and out rip off, and for them to tell you that "Colt added the A2 sights to the 6420 sporter they re-classified it as a 6520 so it is actually a gov't carbine" is nothing short of blowing smoke up your ass.

There is only 1 Govt. Carbine and it's stamped that on the mag well. I don't know what you paid for it, but the explanation you got is something I would have a VERY hard time with. If they advertised a "Govt Carbine For Sale" and shipped you an AR with "Sporter II" stamped on it that, in my opinion is fraud and TOTAL bullshit.

People that I know have gone out of their way to aquire a true Govt Carbine, since they are one of the most collectable Colts ever made. If an AR isn't stamped "Govt Carbine" on the mag well, all specs aside, it is NOT a Govt Carbine.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#3]
P.S.- Can someone post a link to Cuzco? I can't seem to find them. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 4:40:45 PM EDT
[#4]
You can find him at Prebanarms.com. In all fairness, I should've known this gun wasn't the real deal when he e-mailed the S/N with an "SP" prefix. He says what I need to ask for is a "late model R6520 with a GC prefix" ...whatever.

Link Posted: 2/15/2002 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes,you should have known better.
And he should know better than fleecing folks onthe net.
cpermd
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I would go for the refund if you paid the going rate for a Govmt Car.

If not and you are happy then keep it.

If Timbo gets any trouble with the refund.

Would BATF be helpfull?

Assuming they are ever helpfull.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top