Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2002 4:58:42 AM EDT
I am looking for a barrel dated 42 to 44 does anyone know where I can get one. How hard is it to put one of them on?  thanks
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 5:05:12 AM EDT
[#1]
You might check with Anthony at Orion 7.  He has a lot of different barrels.  It is not hard to change out a barrel IF you have the proper tools and gauges.  The trick is getting the front sight base lined up perfectly with the rear sight base while maintaining proper headspace.  If you're only going to do it once, it would be cheaper to pay someone.

See the link to Orion 7.

www.m1garand.com/
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 5:35:12 AM EDT
[#2]
You might try ebay too. There are usually several there at any particular time. I've been looking for one made in 11/44 myself.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top