Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2002 12:21:42 AM EDT
What is the firing pin made out of?  I just pulled it out tonight and its to light to be steel so I'm thinking its gotta be titanium.  Anyone know for sure?
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 4:59:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 5:44:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I would think the "milspec" model would have a steel firing pin.  Put a magnet against it and if it sticks to it .....it's steel.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll give that a try here......... Nope, doesnt stick to a magnet.  Only material that I can imagine them using is titanium.  I'm really beginning to like Springfield
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:05:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I called Springfield Armory and according to them it is made of titanium.  Just another reason to buy the Springfield over the Colt
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Last week I bought a Mil-spec Springfield for $469.

Whole lotta gun for the money. I highly recommend them.

Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:36:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I recieved mine on Moday.  I bought it from Sportsmans Warehouse for $449
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top