Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2002 7:30:48 AM EDT
I just got a new PT145, and I have to say that for $375 I really like it.
The trigger pull leaves a bit to be desired, but with ten(10) rounds of 45 auto in a compact pistol w/t a man. safety, it serves a purpose for me.
I should have opted for the night sites since they can't be added later(according to Taurus) and it only comes with one mag. But overall, I am completely happy. Ate over 150 rounds (hollow point) first time out without a hicup.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 7:47:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I got mine about a month ago. I also wish I had gotten the night sights. One problem I am having is as I have large hands, sometimes when I shoot it, I drop the magazine with my shooting thumb. It doesn't drop free because of my non-firing hand, and is easily pushed back in so its not really a problem (Maybe I have to re-assess my grip withthis pistol). I have put several hundred rounds through it, and have had NO problems at all feeding anything.

Oh yeah, it would have been nice if they had mentioned pulling the trigger to the rear when removing the slide...
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Put a thousand rounds through them and watch for cracks at the rear of the frame, just above the grip. There have been several well documented reports on TFL.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 5:00:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 7:49:54 AM EDT
[#4]
The grade of steel used in the slide is very soft and it wears angaisnt the slide release, I have seen a PT138 and a PT145 not keep the slide back at all!!! Plus I have seen jams, trigger springs break, etc. Working in a gun range really gives you an advantage as to what has endurance and what doesn't. The Taurus Millenium series are a great gun if you don't put alot of rounds through it and you carry it. However there is no garauntee that it won't break then. They are simply, as a whole, not reliable enough for me to trust my life to.
carry your glock or hk or HS2000/SpFieldXD, the ydon't have hicups period!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top