Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2002 6:53:30 PM EDT
Biggest hangun cartridge I've shot, that is for sure.  I've only shot mainly 9's and 45's.

Shot from a Raging Bull revolver.  Recoil was pretty stout but not as bad as I expected.  Actually quite enjoyable.  I am a light framed guy (6'0" 150lb) and I was popping off single handed shot easy.  No double taps of course.

MORAL?

Don't pussy out on large handgun calibers.  I wussed out two times before to shoot this thing.  Big mistake.  Even though a cartridge looks like a howitzer round, it is nowhere near as bad as you imagine it to be.  If you have never shot a large caliber handgun, borrow the biggest one you can find.  They are a blast (No pun intended)
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a Raging Bull last year for wild boar hunting.. Man does it do a number on them.. Some people say it is OVERKILL.. I think its just plain damn KILL!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out this 454 muzzleflash!www.pistolwhipvideo.com/Wallpaper.htm

coyote3
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I bought a Raging Bull last year for wild boar hunting.. Man does it do a number on them.. Some people say it is OVERKILL.. I think its just plain damn KILL!!!!!!!

No such thing as over-kill, dead is dead. At one time I hunted everything with a .375 H&H and people would ask me what I hunted with it, I told them anything that walks the planet!
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 8:37:36 PM EDT
[#4]
What's the biggest modern handgun cartridge?  Someone here post pictures of a couple freedom arms revolvers about two weeks ago.  They said one was .454 and the other was .577 something-or-another.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 10:08:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I actually fired a Freedom Arms Casull 454 7 1/2 BBL with real FA factory ammo, pretty stout stuff. Real cool. Big powerful medicine.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Fun gun to shoot.  You have to try a 45-70.  I have shot the one Magnum Research makes.  Now that's a kick.  Hell, it leaves rubber on your hands from the grip. Oh, and if you shoot it at praire dogs, if you don't hit em, you kill em from the amount of dirt that burries them.

Link Posted: 2/13/2002 11:09:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 4:11:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I qualified for my CHL with one, one handed of course.  Just a stunt.  I could barely hold it up at the end of the shoot, and started missing Paul Bunyan at 10 yards away.

Used the stoutest loads I've ever loaded for it.  355 hard cast at 1675 fps.  Yeah, it makes major!  

Link Posted: 2/14/2002 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I've shot Winchesters, some reloads, and Magtechs through my Raging Bull. None of them were even close to those damn Cor-Bons!
The others don't even come close in blast or recoil!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top