Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2002 6:41:32 PM EDT
I have a milsurp Enfield in .308 that shoots for sh*t because the barrel gets copper fouled after a few rounds.  Besides being poorly machined, the barrel is in good shape.

I would like to firelap it (or smooth it out someother way)  the cheapest way possible.  I am not trying to turn this gun into a match gun, just polish the barrel so it won't foul as bad.  

I have already tried JB bore paste without avail

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to a machine shop or industrial supply store.  Look for Clover compounds or silicon carbide grease mix.  Get a few different grits, roll them on to low velocity cartridges and shoot.  Clean between grits.  Roll grease onto bullets AFTER the cartridge is loaded.

HTH.....SRM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top