Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2002 12:15:02 PM EDT
Can anyone recomend a source for getting stock sets for the M1 Garand?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#1]
www.boydboys.com/

Click on "specials" on right side of page---
Click on "Garand"---
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 12:58:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 1:57:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  I just stripped the wood on one of my Garands and discovered a birch stock (under a ton of stain) and walnut handguards, and then the front handguard snapped in two from modest hand pressure while being scrubbed.  Someting's gotta go, just not sure what yet.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#4]
..........................Retail Price.Your Price
M1 Garand Finished Stock Set...$123.37 $93.42 M1 Garand Unfinished Stock Set.$111.77 $89.42

Boyds original, military-style, reproduced in quality walnut to enhance the appearance and accuracy of these historic rifles.  Finished (F) stocks are fully machined and sanded, sprayed with walnut stain for uniform color, then submersed in linseed oil as per military specifications. Receiver area and barrel channel are fully inletted for a drop-in fit. Unfinished (UF) stocks require final sanding before applying stain and finish. M1 Garand does not include metal parts.

www.brownells.com
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 9:21:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a couple Boyd's finished M1 stocks. One had a very slight misalignment in the inletting that put a bit of sideways pressure on the barrel. The other one was absolutely perfect and a real joy to behold. Nice clean inletting, though the exterior dimensions seem a bit bulkier than real GI stocks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Boyd M1 finishd stock sets are currently on sale for $ 74.95............
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top