Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2002 1:21:38 PM EDT
Where can I find a guide on removing the Carbine stock? I want to put the Burnsed loop on. I have the stock wrench and am ready to go...once I remove the locking ring and the little cover thing holding the spring in...does the stock just pull out? Is there anything that will shoot out across the room? Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#1]
The Stock Extenison screws out of the receiver. The spring pressure is not that great on the back take down pin. It should not fly out of the hole after removing the plate. However, re-installing the spring take great care not getting it trap between the plate and receiver.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#2]
When you unscrew the stock extension if allows another spring to fly away if you are not careful.  The detent that holds the large buffer spring inside the tube has a small coil spring under it.  When you unscrew the tube this detent is free to come out.  Don't let it get lost.  AR18 is correct about the back take down spring.  It won't fly away, but it can fall out or get kinked.  Good luck.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#3]
do you men the little spring bending up when installing the plate? Do I need to remove the buffer retaining pin and spring? Is there any specific amount of tightness when the stock is re-installed? just tighten by hand? Thanks for your help AR18
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I have to disagree.  The spring for my rear takedown pin detent DID shoot across the room.  Luckily I found it.

1) remove the buffer/buffer spring.
2) loosen the retaining ring and SLOWLY slide the retainingg plate so as the Takdown Pin detent spring doesn't get lost.
3) slowly unscrew the buffer tube.  BECAREFUL!  the Buffer retainer is being held down by the Buffer Tube.  I usually cup my hand over the lower reciever to keep the Buffer Retainer from getting lost.

And Viola, you're done.

To reassemble just reverse. Of course when you are putting back the buffer tube, you'll have top hold the Buffer Retainer down until the tube covers it enough.  When the Tune cannot turn anymore turn the tube back out until it's aligned the right way.  I've found it helpful when screwing in the retaining ring to push the retaing plate upwards so the little tab is upagainst the tube (you'll see that channel on the botton threads of the buffer tube)When I didn't hold the plate up the retaining ring always came loose.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top