Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2002 8:56:16 AM EDT
I have been collecting AR15's and am considering buying an Lower from Cavalry Arms.  Are they any good durable etc.  Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 9:17:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have been collecting AR15's and am considering buying an Lower from Cavalry Arms.  Are they any good durable etc.  Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

"Are They any good, durable, etc."

Let me say this, I started AR's w/ a CAV-15.  I have one 'conventional' AR (2001 LEGP).

I love my CAV's (all of them).  I like the weight of them, the feel of the grip and the longer stock.  Durable, Garryowen said he sent his lower to Alaska to be tested by a guy there, and he reported no problems.  I know a former Air Force Colonel who saw the CAV-15 and he personally thinks that they are a great step forward.  There is nothing to corrode.

Let me put it this way.  Glock uses a 'plastic' lower w/ a steel insert.  The CAV-15 is all plastic.  The recoil of the gun is absorbed by the stock/buffer.  It's a push backward while a Glock well, it's up and back, if I'm describing it right.

Also, HK is making the USC 45 w/ 'plastic' parts.  And they also have a .223 that's 'plastic'.  How many plastic 'guns' are out there???

Now, how about a man and company that stands behind their product?  Cavalry Arms and Garryowen guarantee it for life (to the original owner, w/ proof of purchase).  The example I recall he used is, if you break it, he'll replace it (even if you ran over it).  If you got it used, it's only 20-25 to replace it.

My first was a generation 1 and it was 'warranteed' and now is a generation 4 (if I recall).

This is what I said, "When people say plastic/polymer pistol, people think Glock.  When people say plastic/polymer AR, they'll say Cavalry Arms."

"What Glock did for the pistol industry, Cavalry Arms is doing for the AR's."

I love mine.  And I know people here who have them will agree w/ me.  

E-mail Cav Arms or one of their dealers.  Castle Arms (a Cav dealer), has their own area.  Ask them.

Kaliburz
-once you buy one, you won't stop at one....

www.cavalryarms.com/
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks,

I planned on buying one anyway but I wanted to know how the people who have them felt about them.

Thanks again,

John
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks,

I planned on buying one anyway but I wanted to know how the people who have them felt about them.

Thanks again,

John

I have 2. Both are OD green. I think the world of them. They are appx 25% lighter than a standard lower. I think they have a self lubricating property. I do lube them, but the lube just seems to work better. Very smooth operation. Never a failure attributable to the lower. You will save money here as the butt stock & pistol grip need not be purchased. The only thing that is a challenge is the lack of a sling mount. This is overcome by purchasing the Tac-sling from them. Awesome quality there as well. I even got one for my pre-ban shorty. Basicly, you WON'T be sorry if you do business with Cavalry Arms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top