Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2002 3:43:22 PM EDT
Does anyone out there own both or have used both and can tell me the difference between the two? I like the small profile of the 6S but have never seen any. I have tried other shooters 7s and I am Way impressed. So are the 6Ss much different?

IPSC_GUY (wantin to protect that valuable hearing) sends
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a pair of the 6s that I use for IPSC.  I have never tried the 7s, but they appear to be a lot bulkier.

The 6s are fine for outdoors with both pistol and rifle, but at an indoor range, they dont provide enough protection for me and I have to go back to my "dumb" muffs with a 29NRR.

If you have never used the electronic muffs in competition you will be delighted -- hearing your steel hits (or lack of same) is a real help.  Easier to hear the buzzer too.

Edited to add -- the only difference in the two is size and Noise Reduction Rating (NRR).  The 6s is 19NRR and the 7s is 24NRR.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:33:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the 6-S and love them.  You will never go back!!!!

Link Posted: 2/11/2002 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Peltor 6s and love them. I have never used the 7s but can't imagine them being much better than the 6s.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 11:39:29 PM EDT
[#4]
The Peltor 6s are for people who need to get close the stock, such as shotgun and rifle shooters.  The 7s are more comfortable, and a more noise suppressing.  The 6s run on 2 AAA batteries in each ear, the 7s use a single 9V. And I think the 6s are $10-$20 cheaper.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:36:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Ah ha the get close to the stock bit is important and I hadn't even thought of that fact, which by the way makes the decision for me 6S it is. Thanks

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 5:01:07 AM EDT
[#6]
There's another model to consider:  The ComTacs.

They have the ability to plug your radio into them.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 2:01:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I looked them up, very nice but twice the price of the 6S. things that make ya go Hummmmmmmm.

www.tjgeneralstore.com/ear_eye_protection.htm

IPSC_GUY sends
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top