Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2002 1:14:32 PM EDT
What is the consensus on this pistol?  Would I be better off with a Charles Daly, or Rock River clone?

The dealer told me that the steel in this gun was better than the original Colt, and all parts would interchange.  Asking price is $330 + tax.

Thanks,

Jarhead
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 1:19:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Jarhead:

I got one from JLD awhile back.  I've had Colts, Kimbers,Paras, even a Norinco and this is the best value for the money.

HTH....SRM
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 1:41:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one a while back---refinished---no numbers matched and the barrel was pitted pretty bad.  Still shot great!!! If it has matching numbers and a good barrel---grab it!
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 2:15:14 PM EDT
[#4]
jarhead,
       my gunsmith said the exact thing to me about the steel being better, SO YOUR DEALER MIGHT BE RIGHT yes it is worth to get one. just my opinion.
HUNTER FROM ARGENTINA
OUT
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 2:52:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the rapid replies!
Any advice on how to improve the triggers on these guns,  this one sucks.  If there is a quick fix, I will buy the gun tomorrow.  I intend to have it re-blued (I would like to do it myself, so any advice on this is appreciated) and I want fake ivory grips.  Thanks for the help.

Jarhead
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd say virtually every pistol smith can do a reasonable trigger job on a 1911.  Look through Brownells and they have everything you need to do it yourself if you are reasonable cautious.

SRM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top