Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2002 7:54:38 AM EDT
I need some advice please.  I am heading down to Cabela's after work tonight, and am thinking of picking one of these up.  I wonder if any one has some experience with these.  How is the quality, finish, accuracy, reliablility, etc.  I am planning on trading my current Henry Lever Action 22 towards the Golden Boy.  Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all,

Brad
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 8:16:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 8:10:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one, and I love it.  The wood is excellent.  The action is the smoothest lever action I've ever felt.  I can freestand and rapid-fire hit 6" gongs from 35 yards effortlessly, and I'm not that great with iron sights.

I've only ever had one failure to extract, and that was after a couple of long shooting sessions with dirty buckets-o-bullets and no cleaning.  It's one of my favorite guns, and definately my favorite .22.  Also more comfortable than the Marlin 39.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:14:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, my planned trip to Cabela's did not happen last night, but perhaps this weekend or next week I will get down there and do some trading.  Thanks for the input.

Brad
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:21:30 AM EDT
[#4]
What do these run?
Can you thread the barrel for a suppressor?

Thanks-
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 9:36:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What do these run?

LOL...sounds like the Mall Ninja!  Nothing like that 'ole threaded/suppressed octagonal barrel lever-action!
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 9:52:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What do these run?

Thanks-

just WITF would you want to do that for? and oh, they're about $379.00 + tax.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a .22lr suppressor on the way.

If you have ever shot a suppressed rifle you would know that a semi-auto is louder than a bolt action. I figure maybe a lever action would be a better alternative to a bolt action while accomplishing the same quiet.

Damn.. so quick to be negative.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll second the comment above about it being the smoothest action imaginable. Shot one someone had at a range and have never experienced such a smooth action!  Heard they are making them now in 22 magnum...
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone have a picture?  I think I saw one at the local shop and while back but new it was $249.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:34:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Pic from Henry's website. www.henryrepeating.com

I bought mine about a year ago for $320.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 4:12:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Interesting-- I just saw one of those at BiMart.  Anyone know if they are planning to do a Bren config? ;)

Seriously though, a beautiful rifle even though lever actions aren't my thing.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top