Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2002 5:54:12 AM EDT
One tear ago I bought a pre ban bushy lower from a fella in washington through this site, before buying the lower I checked the serial #s and the lower was a pre ban, but it left the factory as a incomplete rifle. the seller assured me that he knew the original owner and he would get me a letter saying it was a complete assault weapon before the ban. so i purchased the lower and waited for a the letter which never came. the real problem is that due to a computer problem I no longer have his address or number. Is there a way I can track down the original owner? I could really use some help here. p.s. if the navy fella from wasshington who sold me the lower reads this please be a "man of honor" like you said and contact me.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:56:59 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are in Conn. you are screwed already.  You couldn't buy a pre-ban in CT since 1994.  
Pre-bans had to be registered back then, and no new ones allowed.  (This is a separate state regulation,  not the fed. leg.)
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 7:01:48 AM EDT
[#2]
tell ya what, i will be a gentleman and take that postban lower off yer hands for $400,
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 7:30:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I am even nicer.
$525 shipped.
cpermd
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I appreciate the reply zog but you need to get your facts straight, the ct ban reads colt ar 15 type rifle, not bushmaster or all the other brands. if you recall just last year our state legislatures were trying to pass another assault weapons bill to close up the many loopholes in the ban. I suggest you give the gun exchange in newington a call on this matter. thanks for the reply. p.s. if you are still doubting this I have a friend who legally  bought a complete pre ban bushy through this same loop hole.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 11:39:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top