Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2002 11:59:47 PM EDT
Hey guy's,

I  found a guy who's wanting to sell a Colt AR-15A2 model #R6550 Sporter II in a green label box.  The gun has never been shot and it's still has the box with the paper work and accessories.  Also, it has the bayonet lug and flash suppressor. That's about all I know to look for on a pre-ban model.  He's asking around $1900 for the gun.  

I was just wanting you guy's opinion on this before I bought it.  Also, if there anything else I should look for?

Thank you very much!

Eric  
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 12:09:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 12:33:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunitly,(sic) That's ABOUT the goin price
for a COLT pre-ban NIB.I'm STILL saving my pennies for a pre-ban and expect to pay around
1500 to 1700 for an AR-15a2 in that condition.
(if I can FIND one)DO CHECK OUT THE SN# Make
SURE it's all legit before droppin of the cash.

my .02$

hope this helps you
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 3:19:55 AM EDT
[#3]
F.Y.I. - Front pivot pin size should be a consideration. If front pivot pin is larger than rear take down pin, you will need aftermarket devices to install another upper, as most other manufactures use the standard .250 diameter pins front and rear. Only some Colts (I think Green label is one) have different sized front pivot pins.

Check upper info here: www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/uppers/

Something to consider,
Mike

Link Posted: 2/11/2002 4:11:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Check upper info here: www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/uppers/

That is exactly the information I was looking for.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:12:33 AM EDT
[#5]
This has been said but I'll say it again for emphasis.  Do you really want a pre-ban?

Everything AR that I have is post-ban and I don't feel like I'm missing anything.  I don't want to start a debate, but for just plain shootin' (read that as non-combat or CQB) whats the necessity?  All I really want to say is make sure you know your options before you drop that kind of cash.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top