Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2002 10:48:29 AM EDT
my n.i.b. steyr aug green pre-ban is no longer a virgin. so far, i have fired 600 rounds through it. i had three failure to fire from some pmc that i got at a garage sale. this ammo is not as hot as the mil-spec stuff, and storage is a question. the primers were indented, not a light strike, just duds. all s.a. battle pack m1a3 and winchester q3131a performed flawlessly. the best accuracy was the winchester, at around a two inch group at 100 yards. the s.a. ammo was not too far behind with about a 3 inch group.
shooting through the scope is different, as this has a black ring in the center. i have found that i automatically would center objects in it.
this aug is probably the easiest rifle to shoot fast offhand of any i have ever fired. i have let some people with little or no experience shoot it and was amazed at how easy they were hitting targets at 100+ yards. one fellow was from england, and had never fired a gun before in his life!
next session i will try some handloads and some  black hills ammo.
it is a shame that these weapons are so pricey, because they sure are short, handy, and fast.
i don't intend to sell this rifle, and would like some input from you folks as to what type of wear parts i should buy for it, and any maintenance tips would be appreciated.
regards,  willy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top