Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2002 8:04:52 AM EDT
The rubber O ring between the 2 bushings (excuse my improper parts names) Has expired. Were do I  get this part? When I removed the barrel, Cleaned the bushings with CLP, It doesn't seem to slide into the section of barrel were the gas ports are?? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks,Firepower
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:10:36 AM EDT
[#1]
where in ny are you.......remington factory is in ilion......a lot of shops have 1100 o rings......or send to the factory........
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:19:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:27:37 AM EDT
[#3]
AAHH yes, Good ol Home depot. I had an O ring in my spare MC parts, but it was to thick and the bolt didn't close 100%. I'll check the Home dep. before I have to try a Gun shop. Thanks,Firepower
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:45:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't forget the other half of my problem guys. Those bushings don't seem to go into that part of the barrel without help. I remember they used to pop right in. Know when you remove the barrel, reinstall barrel, and close action they don't go in. Once you finally get them in, They stay in the barrel when you remove it agian?? Thanks again,Firepower
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:53:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
from the parts houses they are like $3.00! from Home Depot they are .43!
The correct size is 1 1/8 x 1/16  N70 Buna Rubber

RotDorn, YOU ARE BRILLIANT! I'm kicking myself in the butt for all the time and money I've wasted! [>Q]

DaMan
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 9:10:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a question along the same lines. I disassembled my Remington 1100 synthetic shotgun the other day to try to correct a problem, but to no avail. I cannot insert a shell into the magazine UNLESS I insert one into the chamber first. If I try to load the mag on an empty gun, the shell will only go halfway in and gets slits cut in the side of the hull. I thought that maybe the feed latch was catching the shell and disassembled the shotgun to check, but do not believe that is the case. Like I said, if I cock the gun, shells slip easily into the mag. What gives? Firepower, sorry for the slightly off-topic post on yours.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 9:40:14 AM EDT
[#7]
A tip for that Home Depot O-ring;

Get some powdered graphite and some cheap latex or vinyl gloves and really work that graphite into the O-ring before installing it. Don't use oil on the seal or magazine tube.

Piston assembly: left to right

Piston seal, Piston, Barrel seal(O-Ring)

coyote3
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#8]
The thickness is critical......all I could ever find were too thick.....so I stopped wasting time and paid the price for the rems.....
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 9:52:16 AM EDT
[#9]
They make a metal O ring. I forget who sells it. The last one you will have to buy.
GG
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 10:05:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have a question along the same lines. I disassembled my Remington 1100 synthetic shotgun the other day to try to correct a problem, but to no avail. I cannot insert a shell into the magazine UNLESS I insert one into the chamber first. If I try to load the mag on an empty gun, the shell will only go halfway in and gets slits cut in the side of the hull. I thought that maybe the feed latch was catching the shell and disassembled the shotgun to check, but do not believe that is the case. Like I said, if I cock the gun, shells slip easily into the mag. What gives? Firepower, sorry for the slightly off-topic post on yours.

M4Madness, when you try to load a shell into the magazine, which side of the hull is being slit? Ejection port side or opposite?

coyote3
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 12:04:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
M4Madness, when you try to load a shell into the magazine, which side of the hull is being slit? Ejection port side or opposite?

I am not sure, but I was under the impression that it was the ejection side. Like I said, it only does this when I try to load the mag on an empty gun.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 1:28:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 2:42:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Firepower
It may be that the metal pieces are crudded up and need a cleaning.  The mag tube may also need cleaning if it's crudded up with residue or dried out oil.

Check also to make sure there are not any burrs that have popped up on the rings or mag tube.
Once in a while you'll have a ring that wears or corrodes and needs repair or replace.

Might also check rings are on right.  I can never remember and if I don't draw a sketch, I have to get the book out when time to reassemble.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 4:26:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Powderburner, Everything is in order, I see COyote says no oil on mag tube, Which I did use clp to clean all the crud off the rings and tube. I'll clean the exess oil off/get a fresh O ring, And I should be back in buisness. Thanks,Firepower
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top