Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2002 11:25:43 PM EDT
Call it a fetish or whatever but if I own a rifle that can use a bayonet I have a uncontrollable desire to seek out the right bayonet for the rifle.

It can be quite a pricey problem when trying to find WWII Mauser bayonets or WWI Enfields.

Anyone share this strange fasination with bayonet?
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 3:59:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep, got one of the bayonets for my Mossburg 590. Don't know what the hell that I will do with it but it sure looks cool!! I guess that I will use it to probe for mines in minefields or something??

Karl
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 6:03:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, if you've got the rifle you should have the bayo.  For looks.

Anybody who needs to actually USE a bayonet has already made a series of mistakes that could better be solved by a good sprint.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 6:12:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Umm...let's see
M1 with bayo...check
03a3 Springfield with bayo...check
Enfield No4mk1 with bayo...check
SKS with bayo...check

Uhoh, Houston we have a problem.

I don't have a bayo for my AR !

Mainly because it's one of those Colt half-nuts (you know, flash suppressor-no bayo lug).

Been meaning to correct this problem.

I figure if it makes some of these politicians nervous, then it's worth doing.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 6:29:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Not only does there need to be a bayo for each applicable rifle, but in some cases, there needs to be one of each kind of bayo for a given type of rifle. For example, the M16 has used a variety of bayos, including several M7's, the M9, etc..  I just recently picked up a 16" chrome plated parade bayo with scabbard for the AR15/M16. Seemed neat because it's based on the M9 design, just longer and chromed. Even has the wire cutter and saw back. Not a cheapy either, it's made by Eichorn of West Germany. Sometimes it sucks being a packrat/collector.  Don't even mention rare mags...
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 6:31:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep, know what you mean. So far I've been lucky enough to have found original bayo's for all my military rifles from the Krag to the Aug. Some even interchange-Aug fits Mini-14GBF-fits AR-15. Krag fits '03-fits M-1. Boy, I got way too much time on my hands. I gotta get a hobby.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 6:43:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Perhaps a more productive approach would simply be to buy a bunch of bayonets at gun shows. Then, you would need to get rifles for all of them! Problem solved.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:00:06 AM EDT
[#8]
There is also a BAYONET COLLECTOR'S FORUM on Yahoo  Groups.

groups.yahoo.com/group/BAYOFOR/

OSA
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:12:06 AM EDT
[#9]
455SD, I think that's standard practice.
M1 Carb- Bayo
M1 Garand-Bayo
M14-Bayo
AR15's-Bayo's
Enfield-Bayo
Turk Mauser-Bayo
Luckily the SK's came with Bayo's(Saved some Money there He He)
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:15:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm in the same boat as 455SD, gotta have one for each.. I'm covered on all except the M1A, and it has been bothering me too!  

I have a bayo for my No1MkIII*, a 1907.  When you put that on the end, you can damn near stick someone out the the range of 100yds
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:34:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I just recently picked up a 16" chrome plated parade bayo with scabbard for the AR15/M16. Seemed neat because it's based on the M9 design, just longer and chromed. Even has the wire cutter and saw back. Not a cheapy either, it's made by Eichorn of West Germany.

I'll bet you picked that one up on ebay. I bid on that one a few times myself.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top