Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2002 11:07:12 AM EDT
I'm looking to buy a new rifle. I want a good rifle that is accurate out of box in either .308 or .270 caliber. My buddy told me to get a Savage Tacticle rifle. Well priced, and very accurate. I was looking at a Remington 700 bdl, but I have heard a few bad things about them. PLEASE REPLY
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 1:45:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Lots of options available for the Remington, not quite so many for the Savage.  The weak point of the Savage, but there are remedies.  The only time you'll be sorry about buying a Savage is if you try to resell it.

HTH.....SRM
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 2:04:21 PM EDT
[#2]
hit-
The two rifles you mentioned aren't really comparable. The Savage Tactical has a much heavier barrel than the Remingtin BDL. The Remington VS/VSL/PSS would be more comparable. The Remington will cost more but you will probably be happy with either rifle.
Personally, I have an almost stock Remington VS in .308 that is so accurate with the right ammo that it is spooky.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 4:10:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a Rem 700 VS in 308 also that was VERY accurite right out of the box. I got alot of 1/2" MOA groups with it , so does the new owner.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Remington vs in .308 (hvy bbl) that regularly gives 1/2" groups with match ammo and even gives 1 to 1 1/2" groups with surplus stuff.
I can't say enough about it, but It did cost me $1000 used with a springfield scope.
I have NO experience at all with Savage anything...

(edited cause I can't spell!)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top