Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2002 9:53:01 AM EDT
went to the bill goodmans show in nashvegas today.  it sucked.  everything i went looking for wasnt there, anyone else go and if so howd you luck out.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 4:49:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I went to the Goodman gun show this morning.  
Virtually nothing but junk.  Cramped building
at the fairgrounds.  Today was the first time
I have gone to his show in over a year.  It took
me all of five minutes to remember why I stopped
going to his shows back then.  There is no doubt
about it, Bill Goodman's gun shows SUCK BIGTIME!
Pyro, if you want to go to a good show, then
wait for Bob Pope's next show!  All the good
vendors will be there!
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're into CIA's poor imitation of an AK - complete with canted front sight and all - then gun shows are for you.

If you're looking to buy top quality stuff from reputable dealers, well then... you'd better stay at home.

I have come to despise gun shows over the past 10 years.  

In fact, the only GUNSHOW LOOPHOLE seems to be the fact that the promoters still charge you $5 even though the GUNshow is really a BEANIE BABY show.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Man you guys are bringing me down on a Saturday night.  You need to move to AZ!  All the shows aren't great, but I think they must be a lot better than they are where you are.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Go to this gun show www.tulsagunshow.com/
I know it may be a drive for you but with 3,700 tables.
Its the ultimate candy store.
I grew up in Tulsa so this event is huge.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Tulsa is great.  The good guns have pretty much been put into collections and you don't see much good now at most of the small shows.

The dealers all have the same stuff.  Shows are good for modern guns, but the collector's stuff is really scarce at most shows.

How about a show for collector's only.  No dealers allowed?
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 8:47:08 PM EDT
[#6]
The Wannamacher's Tulsa Gun Show is kind of like a pilgrimage to Meca, for the gun enthusiast.   I live here. Which translates to  I kinda take this giant show for granted.   There are 7 acres of firearms and related items (ammo, bayonets, military and historical old west type stuff.  maybe < 1% flea market stuff.   The only beanie babies you will see, are ones holding AR's.   I went to a show in the great state of TEXAS and it didn't measure up.  Oklahoma is a CCW state and the local merchants would love to see you come visit.  People are friendly and there is also the JM Davis Gun museum about 15 mi. up the road in Claremore, next to the will rogers museum.   If all of that doesn't get you off...
Well there are about 5 gentlemen's clubs within 2 mi. of the gun show.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 9:47:22 PM EDT
[#7]
WOW!
What are the Laws like for firearms in OK. ???

Might have a new Retirement area to look at!

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 5:49:31 AM EDT
[#8]
No gun show anywhere measures up to this gun show.

As far as a place to Retire. You can live close to the boarder in Texas. The lake Texoma area would be a nice spot. Then your just 3 hours away from the gun show. Laws are as good here for guns if not better here in Texas. I use to live in Oklahoma. Notice I live in Texas now.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 7:05:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Wannamacher's Tulsa Gun Show is the best gun show that I have ever been to. The October show seems to be a bigger show (if that is possible).

The larger gun shows in Oklahoma City are not too bad.

Tall Shadow, the gun laws in Oklahoma are very good, all the goodies that the feds allow OK allows. There are no real "public" ranges, but either find a friend who leases land or who owns land and then go to town.

Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:32:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
went to the bill goodmans show in nashvegas today.  it sucked.  everything i went looking for wasnt there, anyone else go and if so howd you luck out.

I was in Specialty Arms at 11am & saw a friend of mine with a show stamp on his hand. He'd already been in & out in less than 2 hours!
Goodman shows have sucked for the last 5-6 years.
The Pope shows will be back in May at the "old" Wally World building in Smyrna. Free parking still & (supposedly) admission still only $5. Cheaper than a movie!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top