Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2002 10:00:27 PM EDT
Just wanted to know if hesse makes a quality ar15. Any help would be appriciated.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:26:42 PM EDT
[#1]
If the upper I received is any indication, the answer is NO.  Their customer service also blew.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:32:24 PM EDT
[#2]
If you like paying your local gunsmith lots of money get a Hesse.

Please...PLEASE buy anything else. Hesse is the Lorcin/Jennings/HiPoint of the Ar15/FAL world.

Link Posted: 2/8/2002 11:20:47 PM EDT
[#3]

their lowers look horrible..a friend had one and the bolt catch broke off when he tried to assemble it.  garbage.  looked like it had been thrown/dropped around a few times.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 4:24:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey, don't knock the Lorcin/Jennings combo, they pass the Kalifornistan handgun safety tests...

Quoted:
If you like paying your local gunsmith lots of money get a Hesse.

Please...PLEASE buy anything else. Hesse is the Lorcin/Jennings/HiPoint of the Ar15/FAL world.

Link Posted: 2/9/2002 6:05:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Run away. Just say no. Flee.  

You would be better off buying an Oly "Plinker."
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Hesse makes a fine gun.  

For me to poop on!

These guys cannot make a ham and cheese sandwich within spec.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I would say a Hesse rifle makes a good tomato stake, but it starts rusting too quickly so it is not even good for that . . .
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I have heard good and bad about Hesse....however, I did see some stripped kevlar lowers.  They looked pretty good to me (for looking and feeling like a toy)..anyone have any info on these?

medcop
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:10:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Ya gotta look at their complete line.  They don't just screw up 15s.  Nobody has screwed up more models than these guys.  

Do a search on Hesse and you'll get all the info you need.  

Get an Armalite.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 11:20:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 4:03:30 AM EDT
[#11]
You can use them as a door stop or as a wheel chock for when you are doing maintaince on your car!!

Karl
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top