Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2002 1:16:59 PM EDT
I was at the shop today picking up my 1911 and a Walther P22 caught our eyes.  It appeared to have a threaded barrel with thread protector.  For $199 it looked like a great little pistol.  Does anyone know anything about these?
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one a couple months back and I love it.

There are 2 different models, the P22 and the P22 Target, which is basically the same pistol, but the Target model has a 5 inch barrel and a "stabilizer" (barrel weight) on the end. the standard P22 is a 3.5 inch barrel.

Whichever one you get, you can get the other barrel for it, and interchange them.

The pistol comes with 2 mags, one has a finger groove on the bottom and one has a flat plate.

Loaded chamber indicator, integrated lock, magazine safety disconnect, interchangeable sights, interchangeable barrel system, ambidextrous mag realease, threaded barrel with protector. This baby's loaded !

Shoots great, looks cool, you won't regret buying it !

Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:02:09 PM EDT
[#2]
One-ninety-nine?  Wow, I was fondling one today, it was $260.  Is the going ticket just $200 on one of these?  I am glad I didn't buy then at $260, I was sorely tempted.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Neat lokking, small, tiny, grip.  

Did I say the grip was really small?
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:48:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh yeah, I forgot.  One of the two P22s in the shop said SMITH & WESSON, SPRINGFIELD MA on it.  That slowed down my wallet hand a little.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

it has interchangeable grip panels, so you can make it fatter.

Link Posted: 2/9/2002 1:25:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Does the standard model have a threaded barrel?  Thats what it looked like to me.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 1:37:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 8:26:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Does the standard model have a threaded barrel?  Thats what it looked like to me.

Both barrels are threaded.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 9:05:06 AM EDT
[#9]
This is a very cool pistol!!!  One of my friends has this gun with one of SWR's .22 suppressors.  It looks like it just stepped out of a "James Bond - 007" movie, and all you here is the slide.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Check out a recent issue of SAR, the back cover has a pic of a P22 with Gem-Tech's "OUTBACK" silencer.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it has interchangeable grip panels, so you can make it fatter.

I meant to add that it's a very short grip too.
But still a very neat pistol.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Back in January I emailed Walther about the P22-- I wanted both barrel configurations. They said that in February they are planning to package it with both barrels.

Remember-- the target (5" barrel with weight) is more expensive.

Anyway, I love this gun, and plan to get one as soon as I see one with both barrels, since at the moment, they do not sell them separately.

Also-- when the guy replied to me, his email address was Smith & Wesson, not Walther. Remember when Smith & Wesson made a look-a-like to the Walther P99? (It was not as nice as the P99 though).

Also-- I saw a NICE P22 at a gun show for $600 + the $200 tax. It had the short barrel, with silencer. NICE!
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 9:49:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like I will have to put one of these bad boys on the want list
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 10:35:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Back in January I emailed Walther about the P22-- I wanted both barrel configurations. They said that in February they are planning to package it with both barrels.

Remember-- the target (5" barrel with weight) is more expensive.

Anyway, I love this gun, and plan to get one as soon as I see one with both barrels, since at the moment, they do not sell them separately.

Also-- when the guy replied to me, his email address was Smith & Wesson, not Walther. Remember when Smith & Wesson made a look-a-like to the Walther P99? (It was not as nice as the P99 though).

Also-- I saw a NICE P22 at a gun show for $600 + the $200 tax. It had the short barrel, with silencer. NICE!

Conversion Barrels are available from www.waltherusa.net/.

I bought the P22 Target model and my short barrel arrived last week. SWEEEEET !

Also, Walther is a German company. Smith and Wesson is handling U.S. warranty work for them.

Link Posted: 2/11/2002 4:19:15 AM EDT
[#15]

How much is the short barrel selling for?
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 4:24:33 AM EDT
[#16]
According to their web site it is $60.00
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 8:52:05 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

How much is the short barrel selling for?

The short barrel was $60.00, and shipping was reasonable, about $7.00. Their order form isn't exactly the greatest - you have to cut and paste on to it - but everything worked fine and my order arrived fairly quickly.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top