Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2002 9:38:07 AM EDT
Has anyone used this stock? Interested in its claim to reduse recoil. Anyone use it with a Mossberg 500? Wondering about access to the safety? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:44:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't used it, but the one thing I noticed about it is that when it's folded over the top, the Wireframe runs down both sides of the receiver. This would prevent you from installing a Side Saddle. I already have a Side saddle on my Mossberg and I love it, so I won't be buying a COPStock any time soon.

YMMV.

Link Posted: 2/23/2002 7:38:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy it.

I just tested mine today.  It is awesome.  I bought it to use on a "secondary" gun, not as my first gun.  It will be used with an 18" barrel, standard mag tube, and small Pachmayr front grip.  I am keeping the gun as light as possible, goes behind the truck seat, in the back pack or boat, good traveling gun.

Everybody who shot it today loved it.  We even shot it one handed, but I admit I had a ported barrel on it for that.  The combo of that stock and a ported barrel reduced muzzle flip and was very easy to control.  Use 2 3/4" loads instead of 3" and it was smooth!

I have decided to have my wife use this set up too.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought one about 5 months ago and put it in a Rem 870 w/18" barrel.  After I took it to the range I called Knoxx because I thought I must have had a defective unit.  Now I'm not a wuss or anything when it comes to a 12GA recoil since I grew up shooting a 12GA and hunting dove every year with this caliber.  Let me tell you though, this thing kicked like a mule!  I was only shooting 2 3/4" bird shot shells and I only shot 8 rounds.  After that, I swear my shoulder was bruised.  Shooting with just the pistol grip was even worse.  I ended up sending it back to Knoxx and they did indeed test it and found no problems with the unit.  It was at that point that I asked for a full refund and to their credit they did indeed comply without hesitation.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, could you get two answers any more different then that? We even used the same gun, an 870.  Since they seem to be willing to refund the money if you don't like it, try it.

I could see if you shouldered it wrong it may bite you more than normal, but that is true of any folder.  I am still laughing when I read these two posts.  It just proves you gotta try it for yourself.  I just checked in the mirror, no bruises.  I shot 5 slugs and 15 rounds of 3" 00 buck, 5 rounds of 3" #4 buck, and some bird shot.  Maybe I got the new and improved stock?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top