Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2002 5:57:47 AM EDT
What kind of facilities do you have at your gunrange ? (and I don't mean restrooms) How much are dues? Open to the public or do you have to be a member ? I'm curious as to what gunranges and prices are like around the country.

I'll start it off by describing my range:
Falls Township Rifle and Pistol Assc.
www.ftrpa.com
$315 to join and then $75 a year after that
You also must proform 12 hours a year of work at the club. If you don't want to work you can pay for your hours at $7 an hour.
Also you must be a NRA member to join.

200 yd rifle range with covered shooting area
50 yd outdoor pistol and 22 range with coverd shooting area
25 yd indoor pistol range open available 24/7
25 yd outdoor plinking range (aloud to shoot plastic bottles and cans)
30 station walk thru archery course
2 stands for shooting archery to simulate hunting from a tree, these have lights so organized shoots can take place at night
2 self launchers for clays
4 trap houses with lights for night shoots
a pond you can fish

You get a card that you swipe that opens a chainlink fence with barbwire ontop to get in (I love that part - I feel like I'm going into fort knox LOL). The club is open to the public on Monday nights for trap shooting, 2 sundays a month for sporting clays, and for some other events too.
This place is less then 20 minutes from my house too.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#1]
www.southrivergunclub.com
40 minutes from downtown Atlanta. Drive slow and watch out for the deer.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Philadelphia_GunMan,
Where's this range at?
I'm in Philly also, I've been shooting at an indoor 25 yard range called Classic Pistol for the last 3-4 years. It allows pretty much anything-full auto, rifles, pistols, shotguns. They do some minor gunsmithing and send just about everything else out to EGW of Doylestown. They have a descent inventory of tactical & target pistols and will order whatever else you might want. They are open to the public.
I'm also a member at Doylestown Gun Range, they have a 100yd rifle, 50 yd blackpowder, 25 yd outdoor pistol, 25 yd indoor rimfire pistol, skeet range and a archery course. Membership there is around $100 a year. I've never actually gotten there to shoot but I am planning to get there alot this spring and summer. They also have highpower matches on the first saturday of every month, I'm pretty sure You shoot highpower, right?

We should get together for some shooting sometime.

Oh, forgot to add that both places have restrooms!

Edited because I managed to mispell highpower twice!
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#5]
whew...
The club I use has a 25yd pistol (6 place)
                   100yd rifle  
                   6 place skeet
There is also a club house open on Tue and Sat (I think) for skeet matches.
$25/year.  No user fee's.  The only problem is they have no daily fee's and don't allow guests.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Pima Pistol Club (Tucson AZ)
100 Yd Rifle Range.
25 Yd Pistol Range.
Clay Range.
$100 a year.
Never crowded.

I just went for the first time in about a year and some jack ass is building a house just above the rifle rang so it will probably be shut down in another year.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 3:19:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine's in the backyard..
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#8]
The range is a huge sand pit (I believe it was a former sand/gravel quarry).

Calverton Shooting Range
50, 100, and 200 yard rifle
10, 15, 25 yard pistol
A shotgun area. You have to bring your own thrower.

Costs $8 per person per day, you can shoot anywhere as much as you want. It used to be $4 a day, but the insurance increased. There is some sort of annual membership card you can get, but I don't know how much it is. Open to the public.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Renton Fish & Game Club (Renton, WA).  $60.00 per year membership, $8.00 per day for general public and if I remember correctly...  $4.00 over on the shotgun range.

50, 100 and 200 yard rifle.  Stations are covered.
10, 15, 25 and 50 yard pistol.  Stations are covered.
American/Continental/International trap and skeet.  Sporting Clays on a quarterly basis.
Archery range.  Don't know number of stations.
IPSC/IDPA/Cowboy sub-clubs with a variety of stations.
CMP
NRA Bullseye
Hunter education programs
Wildlife conservation programs
Women's shooting programs...  pistol/shotgun
Members only Monday and Tuesdays
I may well have missed something, but that's most of it.
W

Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#10]
The best one is in my Home town.  The Laredo Rifle and Pistol club range.  60 bucks a year, private range.  has a 500 yard range with gongs, plinking range, 25-50 yard range, 100 yard range, and a 200 yard range, and an archery range.  they hold highpower matches, pistol matches skeet, you name it, and there is no pesky wannabes giving you crap either.  My favorite place to shoot.

In SA I go to the Bullethole.  It is a small range outside the 1604.  it has a pistol range 7-15-25 yards, machinegun range, and a 100 yard range.  Not as good as the one in Laredo but at least they rent MP5s for 15 bucks a mag.  Their fees are 3.00 one time fee to get your range ID, then 6 bucks to use the pistol range, and 8 bucks to use the rifle range or both.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:03:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#12]
www.burroscanyon.com
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:11:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Sacramento Valley Shooting Center
www.sacvalley.org/

One of only 2 public ranges in California with a 1000 yard range.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:06:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Sacramento Valley Shooting Center
www.sacvalley.org/

One of only 2 public ranges in California with a 1000 yard range.

I'll second the above!!!  I have been at this range many, many times but I just joined at $70/year and then $3/visit after that. 25yard covered pistol, 25/50/75/100 & seperate 300 yard rifle range...most covered. .22LR silloette range...shotgun range all open to public at $8 per visit.  Multiple pistol and longer yardage rifle ranges available to members only along with events (IDPA, Military silloette, Highpower rifle) almost every weekend. All this less than 30 minutes from my house and it is very AR15 friendly...in Kali no less!!!

Best firearm inverstment I ever made was joining this range.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 2:44:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Nescopeck Pa. Gun and hunting club.

35 Dollars a year dues
25yd indoor heated range its nice
Rifle range  100   200  300 yard ranges
covered stands

separate trap, skeet range
You get a card that you must display openly sort of like a hunting license
You can bring up to two guests, you must be with them and responsible for them.

Doors entrances are all combination locks

Shooting is seven days a week all year.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 4:49:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Sory to hear about that, where is the Pima Pistol Club range ??

i shoot at the new Desert Trails @ 7777 East Valencia, the rifle range is not yet completed, but is being worked on, the 100 yd rifle range is getting the cover & sound suppressors over the benches, it shud be done in another week or so, the money is slow coming in.......

Quoted:
Pima Pistol Club (Tucson AZ)
100 Yd Rifle Range.
25 Yd Pistol Range.
Clay Range.
$100 a year.
Never crowded.

I just went for the first time in about a year and some jack ass is building a house just above the rifle rang so it will probably be shut down in another year.

BTW, it's $50+ a year, not shure of the exact cost, my membership is due soon so i'll let ya know........, in fact here is their ph# 663 0119....., good luck !!
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:04:17 AM EDT
[#17]
North Whidbey Sportsman's Association.
$60 a year, 6/24 (Sundays midnight to noon are quite hours)
50/100/200 yard rifle range (working on getting it covered).
0-50 yard covered pistol range.
This place where these guys shoot shotguns at these clay things.
Archery Range.
Cub Scout/Boy Scout meeting and training center.
They just reworked both the rifle and pistol range.
It is open to the public for certain matches and on Wed. night for trap/skeet.
You can bring visitors.

When I was in Oklahoma City I belonged to the Tri-Cities Club.
Excellent range, nice people.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:17:17 AM EDT
[#18]
www.austinrifleclub.org/

I shoot here. It isn't fancy, but it's cheap and rarely crowded. Nobody bothers me, and I can bring a guest now and then.

I also like Cook's Sure Shot, but I can't afford the lane fees too often. But for occasional shooting I like them, and they are very helpful and friendly.

Red's has the same cost as Cook's, but it's on the other side of town, and I didn't find them as friendly to non-hunting (I was not in flannel or Realtree, no gimme cap, and no boltguns...)20-something shooters when I was a snot-nosed UT student.

Eagle Peak got two tries, but after the surprise fees, being shown a colostomy bag by the owner, and not being allowed to shoot FMJ at all, I've given up on them.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 8:48:54 AM EDT
[#19]
I've been known to frequent this establishment from time to time....www.efga.net/news/index.html

I think it's $35.00/year to join.

Regards,
Gary  
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Ok I'll play:

$50.00 per year, + $1.00 per visit to the indoor club.

- 25 yard indoor facility: no lanes, one open room - great for doing whatever you want. Access 24/7/365. Lights (or shoot in the dark), heat (nice when its cold).

- Outdoor: 600 yard rifle only range, 300 yard rifle only range, Shotgun range, 2 handgun/rifle/SG ranges - 50 yrd, and 3 more at 100; Tac range with 5 ranges - including a tac house, gongs in the trees, we hold monthly IPSC and IDPA matches and semi regular low light and 3 gun matches. .50 friendly, full auto friendly, rarely crowed (as in more than 1 person within 15 yards of you).

It's nirvana.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 3:30:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for all your responses guys. I thought that my club was pretty expensive. I chalked it up to being near a major city. But compared to your clubs its not. Especially when you add in having to pay everytime you go. That would piss me off. If your a member you should be able to go for free. Thats how all the clubs around Philly are.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Saginaw Field and Stream.

I think it is $50 to join and $50 per year.

You get:

Rifle: Covered, benches, 25, 50, 100
Pistol: Covered, tables, 25, 50
Trap and skeet (lots)
Archery
Lake with picnic area.

Problems:
Old timers run the place--3 round max rifle, 6 pistol--if any of them see you with a black rifle it's "What, you gonna kill bin laden?"
Of course, cops and feds can shoot full auto, rolling around the ranges, shooting up the target stands...but  members who actually pay for the crap can't shoot a magazine, much less walk downrange on an empty range to get close.

Good news, over half the younger guys are mil rifle fans or auto pistol guys...the rules will be changing when enough of the 1930s holdovers die (unless they run out eough of us first)
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 5:06:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm amazed that you like Falls. I used to shoot at their open trap nights and they came in 2nd in the rude, annoying, old members only group of losers I ever met event (You don't want to know who came in first). I shot the open trap nights with the express intention of joining and their attitude really put me off. The range is just about the closest one to home for me (20 minutes) too.

I belong to Bucks County Fish and Game (about 30 minutes away). $100/yr for a family membership, $65/yr for an individual.

1 5-stand
5 Trap ranges
Indoor 22 Pistol
Covered 100, 50, and 25 yard ranges
Covered 25 yard pistol only
Archery Range
Archery course (wood walk)
Fishing

And the members and range officers are actually friendly.

Indoors I shoot at Ready, Aim, Fire in Bristol (owner is a neighbor of mine), and Firing Line down in Philly (known those guys for 20+ years). I'll function test rifles every now and then at CP if the weather is too miserable to be outside.

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Does anyone know of a decent place to shoot 150yds or so in south east wisconsin (milwaukee)?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top