Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2002 5:47:30 AM EDT
A friend recently aquired and old rifle but it didn't come with a clip/magazine.

I took the rifle to see if I could track one down for him. It appears to be an old Carcano rifle. The only marking on the receiver is "Terni" which I'm assuming is the place of manufacture in Italy and 6.5.
It looks like it uses a clip that would be loaded from the top and would drop out the bottom when empty, is that right?

I went over to Numrich gun parts Corp and they list 3 different models: 1891, 38 and 91/38.
How can I tell which rifle I've got so can order a clip /magazine?

Is ammo still available for these rifles?
What would it be? 6.5 X ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 6:47:02 AM EDT
[#1]
attila.stevens-tech.edu/~glibera1/carcano/

Go to Google.
Type in "Carcano".
Got 13600 hits...
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 6:58:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:48:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I have 3 extra if you want to buy them.8$ including shipping. I get them from a guy at the San Francisco gun show. He sells them with the ammo attached. They are around if you look hard enough. If you can find the ammo under $1 a round buy it. The clips can be reused over and over.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top