Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2002 11:36:38 AM EDT
What does one look like?  I can't even find info about one.  AR, yes, but not an AK.  I know they are Class 2, but I still can't find a pic of one.

Also, if I take a pre-86 gun, and have a Class 2 dealer make it NFA Class 3, can he transfer it to me?  Or if I get my class 2 and make one, can I transfer it to me to keep?
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 1:40:46 PM EDT
[#1]
the gun or the registered conversion part ie LL or DIAS must have been registered pre 86. host gun doesnt matter.

any post 86 MG will not be transferable.

u must be LE,military, dealer or manufactor to keep. once your no longer a dealer or a manufactur u cant keep the gun anymore.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 2:31:39 PM EDT
[#2]
The AR has one because its technically possible to have to to its engineering.  The AK system is entirely different and I'm not sure its possible, and if it is where it would go.

Now if you are taling auto-sears that is a different story and you should be asking the guys in the full-auto section that know about those sorts of things.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 1:51:25 PM EDT
[#3]
To my knowledge, there are no AK lightning links or drop in auto sears that were registered prior to 1986, transferable.  I made a lightning link device (post sample of course) and it works very well in all AK type guns.  Plans are available to qualified C2 manufacturers only.  Stirring up the ATF by handing these plans out to everyone on the street is not going to happen with me, so don't ask.

Tony Rumore
Tromix Corp
07/SOT
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#4]
You sure?  Its for "educational purposes only"

I'll buy ya a case of beer.  How does that sound? <Wink>
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 8:04:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 5:19:57 AM EDT
[#6]
OK folks...just like our friend Mr. auto-sear let's keep this discussion nice and legal.  Steer it away from any discussion of "how-to".

Arock
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 5:27:36 AM EDT
[#7]
We are.

If I decide to go Class 2, believe me, I'll be interested in the plans.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, it took a hell of lot of time to figure it out, I'll tell you that much.  No kidding, I'll bet I sat there staring into the inards of a Valmet 71 for more than 12 hours over an entire weekend (beer in hand of course) before it finally came to me as to how to pull it off.  Once I had the concept in my mind, I had the thing built and running in about 2 hours.  The first design would only run about 3 mags and then it would self destruct.  The second design would run about 10 mags, and finally on the third go-around  I got one to run about 3,000 without a hitch.  It's still running in my Galil ARM, but the timing keeps getting later and later, so it will probably need a tune up at about 3,500-4,000 rounds.

I also redesigned my Browning 1919 so it fires off an open bolt instead of the usual closed bolt configuration.  No worry with cook-offs anymore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top