Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2002 8:38:03 AM EDT
who makes the best M4gery and how much do they usually run.  is the 16in barrel best or a 14in.  thanks
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 9:30:51 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are talking pre-ban, I will go with Colt. 16" barrel is the legal lenght for civilian own. If you want to go with class III, then I still go with Colt and the 14" barrel.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 9:36:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I have to toss my hat in for Bushmaster (or at least be the first to do so).  They had the Military contract to suply M4's before (I've heard} Colt sued and cost them the contract.  an M4 is a 14.5 barrel, but since as a civilian you must have at least a 16 inch barrel, you can go with either the 14.5 barrel with a supressor/compensator (depending on pre/postban) permanently tacted on, or a full 16 inch barrel and the added velocity that the 1.5 inchs give.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 12:02:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Troy, you came through even when you didnt mean to! for about a week i have been trying to find out if the Gemtech bi-lock was long enough to make a 14.5 legal. THANKS!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top