Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2002 6:17:10 PM EDT
Now that I have two AR's I have decided I need an AK. Does anyone know of a dealer in the Tulsa or Oklahoma City area that is likely to stock any. I would prefer to inspect prior to purchase if possible, rather than ordering.  Phone calls to every dealer listed in the Tulsa Yellow Pages revealed that not a single dealer had one in stock.

I would consider a Globaltrades, Arsenal Inc, or VEPR.

docmac86

Link Posted: 2/5/2002 6:24:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey doc,

Check out Brigadoon surplus on 29th St in Midwest City, just east of the Santa Fe steakhouse.  I think I've seen a few on his rack....pretty honest dealer who has been around the OKC area for years.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 3:56:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Avoid Brigadoon Surplus like the plague! There are no deals to be found there, his customer base is the young kids from Tinker AFB who don't know any better.
Wolf ammo for $5.00 a box, M16 postban mags for $50 each, a frankenAR15 postban for $1500, the list is endless.
Go to one of the many gunshows in OKC and find someone that is selling it private party outside of the show or look in the Daily OK paper.
There is no such thing as a "good deal" gun shop in Oklahoma City, Del City, Midwest City, Moore or Norman.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:04:44 AM EDT
[#3]
USN
It has been a while, and unless prices have changed since I was there over Christmas leave, but those prices don't sound like Mark's.  Wolf 7.62 was around 2 dollars a box, he gave me a deal on Wolf 9mm, a sleeve of 500 for 39.00.  Last spring I bought a couple of SARs from him and they were around 325 or so. He always seemed pretty good to work with. The only place in town that ever beat his prices were OAS, but their customer service left a lot to be desired.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 3:30:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, I don't know what Brigadoons your talking about.

Stopped in there for lunch, nary a "kid" in sight, Wolf 7.62x39 was LESS than Ammoman.com, and no $50 POSTBAN AR mags.  I didn't price his guns, but I dealt with him years ago, before he opened the shop, and he was always fair.
 Some people just seem to think that if a dealer isn't giving them a gun for cost then he's not a good deal.  They have to make a living too....you wan't volume prices get a shotgun news and play the lottery in the mail.   If you want a friendly face behind a counter and someone you can address your concerns to, post-purchase, talk to Mark.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:27:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Brigadoon's prices are not bad.  300 rounds 5.56 for $47.00, Ammoman gets 96 for 600.  
I have bought a couple of guns there and the prices seem ok. As far as customer service is concerned, it is first rate.
BTW he will be moving soon, as Midwest City is going to tear down the shopping center he is in.
I don't know about AK's though, call and ask.
Good Luck
Frank
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Why not just wait till April and the big Tulsa show? I'm sure you can find anything you want there.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 1:00:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I was stationed at Tinker in 99, I found out about Mark through Tom (the guy who sells AR15, AK47 and L1A1 parts at the OKC gunshows).
I was told he is a good guy to deal with.
I went in his shop twice, once to buy some ammo and about laughed my ass out of his shop after seeing the prices on his Wolf .223 ammo. Then I looked at his M16 mags and saw a postban mag (marked) for $50. Then I saw the FrankenAr15 on the shelf, it was a postban (since I had the list off of AR15.com) and verified it was a postban.
The next time I went to his shop was in 2000, I had a preban Oly AR15 with a 100% Colt M4 upper on it, I asked him if he would put it on consignment or if he wanted to buy it outright.
He told me he would buy it for $600 and that he would not put it on consignment.
I was thinking that $900 was a better price for the Oly/Colt, and if he wanted to keep putting junky and rusted guns on his shelf then more power to him.
OAS had better prices, but not by much.
I wasen't looking for him to hand me the key to his shop and bend over to take it dry, I was expecting that he would have wanted to make a sale. In the time I lived in OKC WalMart, Eric the Ammoman and some guy who sold ammo at the OKC gun shows got my money for ammo.
I bought all of my firearms in OK either at the OKC or Tulsa gun shows.
That was in 2000, when he was complaining about not breaking even perhaps he figured it out that you can't screw customers.
He said it best when I asked for a better price on ammo "If you can buy it cheaper on line or at the gun shows then do it".
So I did.

Link Posted: 2/7/2002 3:26:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I'v shopped Brigadoon's for a couple of guns, ammo and mags. His prices aren't too far out of line, but usually not much of a selection. Always treated me very well when I went in.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 6:56:42 PM EDT
[#9]
mark and brigadoons are ok with me,  i've bought ammo at about as cheap or cheaper than out-door okla,  cole distrib ect, you can buy the same ammo from the same place he gets it if you want to buy his volume.  if not let him pay the shipping and buy what you need as you need it,  but back to your original post i dont think brigadoons has any aks other than sar-1      
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top