Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2002 1:38:04 PM EDT
SInce we've had the SOPMOD and M4 pics, how bout some Dissipator pics.

Here is mine. Got lots planned for it but so far only have a Wilson Combat muzzle brake and a gapper. Plan on either a new Leupold CQ sight or a Mini Acog, possibly an RAS, and a tac sling.

Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#1]
One of these days, I'll take some new pictures.
I don't have all the latest hardware on this.  Just what I thought would get me down the street for a while, and see what was going on a block or two away.  Y2K sure was fun to prepare for...

:
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:29:31 AM EDT
[#2]
wow, sweet!
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 7:57:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice shoes Hawkeye1...where can I get me a pair like that?
Seriously, That is a nice dissipator.  Does that brake work OK?  Does it increase noise to the shooter as bad as the AK brake?  Just curious.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#5]
The can where did you get it and how many rounds does it hold? Someone told me about it about a week ago. Could you give me a link or where to look at it
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 11:43:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The can where did you get it and how many rounds does it hold? Someone told me about it about a week ago. Could you give me a link or where to look at it

"Only" 10rds, check this post here on AR15Com www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=91162
So I wouldn't spend all that money on a 10 rounder. I'm quite sure it's only 10rds because the fine people at eBay submit everything to a close scrutiney.

C-2-6
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 11:47:06 PM EDT
[#7]
BusMaster,

Wouldn't it be funny if you could take two of those drums and insert one of them as backup in the RediMag?  
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:49:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Nice shoes Hawkeye1...where can I get me a pair like that?
Seriously, That is a nice dissipator.  Does that brake work OK?  Does it increase noise to the shooter as bad as the AK brake?  Just curious.

LOL! I was using my wifes camera and thought I had my big clod hoppers out of the way. Yes the Wilson muzzle brake is awesome. Its like shooting a .22 short. Side blast doesnt appear to be much worse that with a standard A2 flash suppressor, or at least mu friend that went shooting with me last didnt seem to think so. I guess that is something thats relative to the person standing there.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:21:36 AM EDT
[#9]
My preban dissipator setup:

Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:27:16 AM EDT
[#10]

There's a couple sitting side-by-side a few in from the left-hand side.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:55:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Paul,

Nice wood on the Garand.  Where'd you get it?  CMP?
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:24:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
http://glen.dodgedakotas.com/dakotaweb/john/guns/15_12A.JPG

Please don't tell us what that stain is.

- Gravitynoodle
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 1:19:51 PM EDT
[#13]
2 1/2 year old and a black marker.

Nuff said.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Here's mine...Colt Hbar Pre Ban lower Daniel Defense (Les Baer) flat top upper with a cut down Bushmaster Govt profile chrome lined barrel...this here is a Kurtzgewehr...Kurt OD moly'd ...Phantom flash hider
Bushmaster Alum forend..Kurt is installing two Picattiny rails one in the 11 OClock and one in the 1 O'clock. I plan on two surefire lights ...Ive got a Ambi grip (From Cav Arms) for it..Optics Ive got a Leupy Mark4 CQ/T for it but my wife like that so I might put the Leupy 3.4X10 LR on this..Kurt is also making up a Lt. Wt. gas block to which I hope to add flip up front site..
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Here is mine in the middle. Really one of my favorite Ar's

I have had the HBAR turned down to Light weight configuration and really like the feel now.

Did anybody know that the BG's used a Dissipator in the Bank of America "shoot out"?

Link Posted: 2/11/2002 11:16:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
My preban dissipator setup:

Hey Marv,

How do you like the aimpoint on top of the carry handle? I don't see too many people doing that. I thought about that setup but was talked into a flat top instead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top