Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2002 9:09:10 PM EDT
Well, once again lack of traffic at the handgun site has brought me to post here .

My 1911 LEGP is finally here! I left it at my FFL though because I don't want to pick up 2 handguns in one week.

As I was checking it out, I noticed that there is a line worn through the slide on the left side. It is as if the top edge of the frame is rubbing against the slide, but it hasn't even been fired. Is this a normal wear mark that will get worse as I fire it? (new to 1911's)

I am assuming that it is abnormal. If I send it in to Springfield for repairs what kind of hassle am I looking at? Average wait time? Should I take it out and fire it first to see if there is anything else wrong before I send it in or will that void any warranty on the finish?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 10:37:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure on the springfield but why dont you want to pick up two guns in on week?
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 11:27:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Shadowblade, I addressed your question in the Springfield forum at the handgun site.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 12:56:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Not sure on the springfield but why dont you want to pick up two guns in on week?

If you buy two handguns in 5 working days or less, the FFL dealer has to fill out extra forms to turn in to the BATF.  From what I understand this puts you on a different list than the normal NICS check and it is not destroyed, but don't quote me, I will try to find the source.  I don't have anything to hide, but I don't need to raise any flags either.  The power of the BATF is frightening...
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:58:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Shadowblade, I addressed your question in the Springfield forum at the handgun site.

Thanks Bear.  I added a doctored picture showing where the mark is.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top