Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2002 7:41:32 PM EDT
Does the HS2000 generation 3 pistol have the forward grooves on the polymer frame to accept a tactical light like the XD has?
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 7:54:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, the Gen 2 AND Gen 3 HS2000's have the accessory rails on them.
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 9:06:15 PM EDT
[#2]
If I recall, from my many web browsings, a company who sold the HS2000 at one time, no long is offering it since they don't sell Springfields.

They stated that the HS2000 has become the XD series from Springfield.... so that means all HS2000 are Springfield XD pistols.  That's how I understood that perticular web page.
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 11:33:33 PM EDT
[#3]
What brouhaha said. Also, the Gen 3 has serrations on the slide near the muzzle to grip when doing a "press check" chamber check.

Kaliburz, the HS2000 is still made in Croatia, except the ones that are imported to the US now have Springfield XD stamped on them. HS Arms didn't do a very good job marketing the pistol and their popularity spread largely by word of mouth. Springfield bought the marketing rights. They have a bigger advertising budget and will undoubtedly be able to better keep the sales up.

Around here, dealers can't keep XD-40s on the shelves. People are buying them up as soon as they hit the gun stores.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 4:43:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Ah, the Croation Sensation!

I'm just waiting for the .357 Sig model.  If I see it in a store before I get around to picking up a lightweight upper for my bushy, well, then, my bushy can just wait a bit longer.  

Proud Gen 2 HS2000 owner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top