Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2002 5:58:44 PM EDT
Tried bump technique on my AR but can only get off doubles. Advice, please ?!?!?!?!
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a RDIAS? :D

Try thumb bumping.
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 7:27:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I also can only manage doubles.  What kind of upper do you have?  I have a 20" hbar Bushy with stock trigger.  I guess the weight of the gun plus the trigger weight just can't be bumped enough with the .223's recoil.  Maybe an M-4 16" barrel and lighter trigger would do better.  Of course, I can only get doubles and triples with an SKS.  I guess I need more practice.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#3]
i have  an essential arms lower i traded for from member red goat..best trade i ever made..after i changed the safety.... i installed a 16 inch upper .. this gun has the best trigger on an ar i have ever felt i can bump doubles tripples or empty the mag..the secret to bumping an ar rifle is you gotth get the trigger weight down from spec. it's just to heavy and the recoil cant over come the trigger weight. i was surprised how easy it is to bump ..i can even bump it with the 9mm upper on it ..now thats cool at the indoor range
 john in houston
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 5:04:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Bump firing is easy.
I can bump fire any AR15 that is not dicked up.
You don't need any weird triggers, stock ones do just fine.
Light weight, H-bars, M-4's, M16's barrels, Clots, Oly's Armalite, Bushmaster, mil-surp to steel cased rusky junk ammo, whatever, the trick is to practice and get to know your AR15.
Make sure you are wearing loose (not gangsta loose and not disco fag tight) jeans.
Make sure that your thumb is hooked on either your pants pocket or the belt loop and that your left hand pulls the AR15 forward, holds steady pressure and controls the muzzle.
If you still can't get it to bump then you need to check your ammo or your magazines.
Come on out to one of the NW Green Mountain Brigade shoots and get some learnin.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 4:29:34 PM EDT
[#5]
On ARs keep your finger as low as possible in the trigger guard.
GG
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 6:14:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i have  an essential arms lower i traded for from member red goat..best trade i ever made..after i changed the safety.... i installed a 16 inch upper ..

Wanna hear something funny?  I think the Bushmaster you traded to me is the BEST trade I ever made!  I dropped it the day I got it home.  Nicked the trigger (still not sure how).  FALARAK and BrassEater helped me do some stone work to repair my folly, perfection!  FWIW, prior to dropping the Bushie, it bumped like a champ!

this gun has the best trigger on an ar i have ever felt

Mine is getting there.  Kinda needed a few rounds through it once I had stoned the guts.  Getting better all the time.  Short takeup, then a clean break.

i can bump doubles tripples or empty the mag..

BTW, that is the "Two-Round Tactical Bump."  I invented the technique, send me my check!

the secret to bumping an ar rifle is you gotth get the trigger weight down from spec.

BINGO!  But you also must remeber to ONLY move your left hand.  One hand moves, the other does not!

it's just to heavy and the recoil cant over come the trigger weight. i was surprised how easy it is to bump ..i can even bump it with the 9mm upper on it ..now thats cool at the indoor range
 john in houston

I am VERY happy to hear we both got a 'perfect' deal.  Took a few emails to get it all worked out, but you are A-OKAY in my book, Jon.

I love the Bushmaster.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top