Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2002 2:31:28 PM EDT
Hi there. I have never owned a semi auto shotgun. Not to sound too much like a Tard or anything, but I bought the shotgun mentioned in the title and have loaded the mag tube. I then pull the bolt back to chamber a round, and it won't pull a round out of the tube to bring it up into the barrel. Thank in advance as any help will be nice.
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's anything like my M-1 S-90 you have to press the button on the lower right side of the reciever and then try to chamber a round. That will release a shell from the magazine tube onto the carrier.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:58:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got one of these shotguns. Nope don't feel stupid. I couldn't figure it out either until I wrote to Benelli and they sent me a manual for it. The first round has to be manually fed into the chamber. After that they will feed from the mag. tube. It is a nice gun. Where did you get it? I've heard they are fairly rare. HK didn't import a lot of them. I'm still looking for a source of parts for mine.
Dave
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:07:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 5:08:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Nope it doesn't work that way. Here you go directly from the user's manual.
To load the weapon: First apply the saftey catch by... I'll assume you can figure that out.  Close the breach block by pressing the carrier control button on the right of the receiver; then inverting the gun and pointing the barrel downwards, with the left thumb again press this button releasing the carrier whick can then be thrust down by the cartridge as it enters the magazine. It is of the utmost importance that the cartridge should completely enter the magazine until it clicks when the cartridge passes the cartridge retaining lever. Repeat the operation until the magazine is fully loaded. At this point the gun will not fire until a cartridge has been placed in the chamber. The chamber is loaded by retracting the breech block and inserting a cartridge through the ejection port, and allowing the bolt to fly forward which will immediately feed the cartridge into the chamber, leaving the breech closed ready to fire after the saftey catch is released.

End of story. There is no way to manually feed a shell from the magazine into the chamber as far as I can tell.

Dave
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I really don't think you would belive me if I told you the truth. To tell the truth; I paid $460 for it. I won't tell the whole story, but the price should be enough :^  ) I am really intreagued by the nice wood on it also as I have never seen an M1 tactical with wood furniture.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top