User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2002 8:35:40 PM EDT
I did it.

Remarkable figures in the workup sheet:
Remington 700 - $700.
Caliber 7.62/.30 - Total with tax = $762.30
That is some coincidence.

I picked up a box of Fedral .308 168gr. Match.
I also have some Remington Match ammo and some Winchester 'white box' 147gr. to test fire it.
Gotta get this gun to the range ASAP after it gets in next week.
The gun will be fired in the original stock first.
 The scope and mounts will be whatever I dig up out of the box until next month after the tax return.
 Then I'll put together the stock, bipod, scope/base/rings, and sling I'm looking into.

'Paid in Full'!!!

Edited: The picture needed to be 'smaller'.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 10:06:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats.  Post some pics when you get it put together.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 10:16:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 3:33:59 PM EDT
[#3]
cool, I'm wondering what configuration the PSS is now.. I read somewhere they are 26" bbl (?) and what finish?  (I have parkerized 24" bbl)  btw, 10 yrs ago I paid 599.95 for mine

Link Posted: 2/4/2002 10:19:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 10:28:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Troy,
That's real nice. Super clean profile.
Any extra noise from the brake?
Any feeding problems with the DM? (I've got one in .338, but, no problems with it so far).
If I could show you a close-up of my empty wallet...my initial photos will be of a rather simple platform to start out with.  The important part is to 'get on the paper' as soon as I can, regardless of how I 'see' it!
Thanks for the inspiration.
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Close-up of muzzle

-Troy

Thats not rust in the muzzle is it?  Please tell me no!
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 11:26:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 1:23:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey Troy,  thought you had pictures of mine until I saw the muzzle break.  Same scope, same mount, same rings, but mine is 300WM and no break.  What kind of scope covers are you using?  Not happy with mine.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 12:38:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 9:40:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I know, I know.  I was horrified to see that in the pics, but in real light you can see that it's just a bit of left-over parkerizing solution.  I had to clean it out with a cotton-stripped Q-Tip.

The brake stabilizes the rifle enough that you can watch the shots impact in the scope.  It isn't especially loud from the shooter's point of view, but like any brake, folks on the side wish you were further down on the line.  

Did I mention the sickening accuracy?

The magazine KING with only one magazine? Oh the horror!

No problems with the detachable mag, though I don't remove it often, as I only have one.  When I bought it, most of them came that way.  I do need to get some spares, though.

-Troy

Link Posted: 2/7/2002 4:55:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top