Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2002 4:05:39 PM EDT
Can I get an opinion? I understand I can have 30 round magazines for a preban rifle but no more than 10 rounds for post ban rifles. What if I buy a post ban rifle after I acquire a pre ban? Do I have to hide my "over 10" magazines?

Or am I totally off here?

And no, I will not send you the hi-cap mags  for safekeeping!
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Ummm......

search function....

maybe
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Depending on your state laws. Some city's do not allow hi-cap mags at all.

A pre-ban mag is legal to own.  You can use the mag in any rifle, pre or post.  The post ban mags are not legal for the manufacture to sell to the pubic and are either date stamped or marked LEO only.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 4:22:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 4:22:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Can I get an opinion? I understand I can have 30 round magazines for a preban rifle but no more than 10 rounds for post ban rifles. What if I buy a post ban rifle after I acquire a pre ban? Do I have to hide my "over 10" magazines?

Or am I totally off here?

And no, I will not send you the hi-cap mags  for safekeeping!

Yes send them to me I will hide them for you  
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Certain areas of NYC have hi-cap restrictions and also Chicago I believe.

ALL parts of NYC (Manhattan, the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, and Statan Island) have a ban on AR's AK, etc.  The high caps restriction is on pistols. (which you can't own unless you have a permit for, and the permit is hard almost impossible to get)

Most parts of NY are ok, with the exception, I think, of Albany, where you can't have an "assault weapon" either.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 5:30:20 PM EDT
[#6]
In SC, I think you can put whatever capacity pre-ban mags on a post-ban AR or AK.  It must vary by state, however, so I would check it out before doing the wrong thing.

I have a post-ban Bushmaster that *came* with a 30 round magazine!  

ARnSC  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top