Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2002 10:25:06 PM EDT
Taking a road trip this weekend and just curious for obvious reasons.  Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 10:27:48 PM EDT
[#1]
In Nevada you can in all of state except Boulder City and North Las Vegas
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes you can in Az, just keep it in a holster.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:46:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Taking a road trip this weekend and just curious for obvious reasons.  Thanks for your help.

AZ law makes no distinction between a loaded or unloaded pistol. They are the same. If it's unholstered you have to keep it in a "compartment" of the vehicle, such as the glovebox, center console, or the trunk. You can put it anywhere in the vehicle, i.e. under the seat, if it's in a holster. Also, Arizona allows open carry without a permit, SO... you can just put it on your belt.

If you have a CCW permit in Utah, you can carry concealed in AZ. We have reciprocity.

Link Posted: 1/31/2002 8:43:59 PM EDT
[#4]
You mean legally, right?   Nevada, no sweat with the above mentioned exceptions. On the dash, under the seat, in the glove box, holstered, whatever you want.
ps what good is an unloaded one?
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 10:17:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You mean legally, right?   Nevada, no sweat with the above mentioned exceptions. On the dash, under the seat, in the glove box, holstered, whatever you want.
ps what good is an unloaded one?

You may need a hammer or prybar or something that you could use an unloaded gun for. In Utah you cannot have a loaded gun in a car whatsoever unless you have a ccw (which I don't have.  Hey, I've only been 21 3 weeks)  BTW, is the strip considered north las vegas?  I would hate to break the law.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#6]
In Nevada, they consider your car an extension of your home, so carrying loaded in the glove box is fine. In Las Vegas, all handguns must be registered (no charge) after 24 hours. They even asked me if I wanted info on getting a CCW.

Nevada does allow open carry, loaded, but I would use discretion. I wouldn't carry open on the Las Vegas Strip. It takes about 120 days for them to issue a non-resident CCW after taking an 8 hour class.

More info can be found at www.packing.org

Have a safe and fun trip.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:06:37 AM EDT
[#7]
No, "The Strip" is not North Las Vegas. Although if you continue up Las Vegas Blvd. far enough you will enter North Las Vegas.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 9:07:26 AM EDT
[#8]
In NV handguns may be loaded in a vehicle, but not concealed on a person or object controlled by a person (like a purse or backpack), unless you have a NV CCW. Per Fish and Game law, long guns may not be loaded. Note: loaded is defined in NV as a round in the firing chamber, so an AR15 w/empty chamber and full magazine is legal. Trust me on this one, I have much experience.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#9]
you can in Az as long as its in a holster
dont know about Nv.      Bluemax
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Have you ever read the item in the AZ Constitution on bearing arms?

26 Bearing arms

Section 26. The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself or the state shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain, or employ an armed body of men.

Ain't that the coolest phrasing!
Can't you just imagine what was on their minds when that section was written?
Doesn't that just conjure up images of the olde west, cattle barons and "regulators"?!!

I loved Arizona when I lived there!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top