Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2002 9:14:24 AM EDT
I  picked up a mint cond. rifle for $750.it is marked EA CO.,mod. J.15,KR SPR. LA. it has a lug,20" barrel W./flash hider,I was told by the seller that EA is now Armalite. Also,the rifle has a "T"handle forward asist,the old triangle shaped hand gaurd.I'm interested in knowing if I've picked up a "kit-gun" or not. any help appreiated.forgive my spelling.Thanks. Jimm
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 9:21:25 AM EDT
[#1]
EA was Essential Arms.  As far as I know, they never made complete rifles, just receivers, etc.  Your gun is probably a kit gun.  EA went belly up sometime around 1990'ish.  I believe DPMS bought the tooling.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Prolly a kit gun, but then also prolly a pre-ban which at $700 is a STEAL.

Link Posted: 1/30/2002 12:30:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Definitely a kit-gun, as Essential Arms never made complete rifles.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 2:14:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, they went belly-up in 93, DPMS bought their tooling. If you can show it was assembled before the ban you got a preban.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I  picked up a mint cond. rifle for $750.it is marked EA CO.,mod. J.15,KR SPR. LA. it has a lug,20" barrel W./flash hider,I was told by the seller that EA is now Armalite. Also,the rifle has a "T"handle forward asist,the old triangle shaped hand gaurd.I'm interested in knowing if I've picked up a "kit-gun" or not. any help appreiated.forgive my spelling.Thanks. Jimm

You need to tell the seller that he don't know squat or he is full of it.  EA, Essential Arms, is not the same as Eagle Arms, which is now ArmaLite.  You have an Essential Arms, which is the J15 you have, whereas Eagle Arms say "Eagle Arms" and are EA15's.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 6:24:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank's for all the hlp/info guys. Jimmo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top