Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2002 5:50:52 PM EDT
What does the auto sear look like?
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Well in Canada it looks like 5 to 10 years.. plus a ten year ban on firearms when you get out.

Not sure what it is in the states.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well in Canada it looks like 5 to 10 years.. plus a ten year ban on firearms when you get out.

Not sure what it is in the states.

BWAHAHAHAAAA...

In the US it looks even worse.  Here they look like 10 years of daily ass-rapings, the loss of your right to ever own a gun again, and the loss of your right to vote.  Of course before you look at an autosear in the US, you should look at US v. Cash.  If you decide to get one, you should also look for vaseline and cigarettes (they may come in handy real soon for you).
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What does the auto sear look like?

Something  like this

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/lowers/8448595.asp

That and a tube of KY and your ready for prison.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Let's keep this thread clean folks.  Probably already said about as much as needs be said.

Arock
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#6]
What's the problem about a few guys talking about gun parts, regardless of what they are?
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 9:01:38 PM EDT
[#7]
The potential illegalities involved.  Keep it legal and the thread stays open.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 9:15:44 PM EDT
[#8]

YMMV
All NFA laws
Don't stick tongue in electric outlet.
For educational purposes only!!
cpermd
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 4:08:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Isn't amazing how such a little part can instill so much awe and fear at the same time.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

YMMV
All NFA laws
Don't stick tongue in electric outlet.
For educational purposes only!!
cpermd

You forgot: Batteries not included
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 6:52:14 AM EDT
[#11]
just remember,before using an unregistered auto sear,lightning link,or other fun thing,practice sitting down and keeping your mouth shut,for approx 10 to 12 years(it will come in handy)
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 6:57:59 AM EDT
[#12]
I thought it was bending over and keeping your mouth shut.

Av.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:06:51 AM EDT
[#13]
is it possible to install an autosear in civilian ARs?

Before i get flamed for asking this, this is just for technical information. My uncle in the Philippines has a postban AR (Preban configuration) and wants to make it FA. we already have an XM177E2 and i've seen what looks like M16A1s for about AU$5000 (gone up from AU$1000 because of Abu-Sayaf demand). and yes, they are full auto.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:30:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I thought it was bending over and keeping your mouth shut. hr

sitting down it's easier to keep things closed that shouldn't be opened in the first place
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:43:50 AM EDT
[#15]
You people are paranoid. Jeez it's not a fricking crime to talk about auto sears, and look at pictures of auto sears, and discuss how full autos are made.

That means every damn library in the country would be breaking the law!

"Hey look, look, Jane's is breaking the law! They have a cutaway of a full auto M16! Hey, look, look, Small Arms Review is breaking the law! They have cutaways of NFA weapons and Lightning Links!!!"

I think the real reason you guys are such assholes about this issue is because you're either a bunch of Elmer Fudd losers that think no one should have full auto guns, or are so jealous that other people have full auto and you don't, or because you piss your pants every time you see a cop/ATF/FBI/security guard, or because you'll never be able to buy a transferable M16 receiver.

You guys are a bunch of cowardly fools afraid to exercise your first amendment rights!

So what if the ATF comes after you? Their allegations will never hold up in court. Geez.

Pussies.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 8:02:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Buddy -

Do your homework.  First off, its not about the 1st amendment - this is a private space; you have no 1st Amendment rights here.  The owners and mods of this website have set rules, however, and don't want illegal acts discussed here.  Don't like it, start your own web page.

Second, To discuss auto sears withut mention of the potential illegalities of posessing one is wrong  IMHO.  Without a full discussion including the legal ramifications, some people will assume its legal and may find themselves in serious trouble because none of their pro-gun "friends" informed them of the fact that possession of a sear, without a registered M16 or SOT, is a felony.  

Third, your comments about us being Elmer Fudds or jealous of C3 owners are absolutely assinine.  Many of us do have them - personally, I've got four registered M16's.

Finally, if you are caught in possession of an AR15 and an autosear, BATF's "allegations" will hold up and, at the very least, you'll lose your right to ever own a gun again.  And lets not forget the cost of hiring a decent defense attorney.  It may be "so what if BATF comes after you" to you, but are you going to foot the bill for the attorneys fees if someone erroneously believes it to be legal and has to defend against a possible felony?

Link Posted: 1/31/2002 8:03:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
is it possible to install an autosear in civilian ARs?

Before i get flamed for asking this, this is just for technical information. My uncle in the Philippines has a postban AR (Preban configuration) and wants to make it FA. we already have an XM177E2 and i've seen what looks like M16A1s for about AU$5000 (gone up from AU$1000 because of Abu-Sayaf demand). and yes, they are full auto.

In General and in the United States the Answer is No. I believe that technically in the Phillipines owning any gun is illegal (though people tend to ignore that law).

Full Auto is a waste of ammunition anyway and Not nearly as effective as Semi-Auto Fire. Studies have born this out. Your "Uncle" should keep it in Semi-Auto ONLY it is more effective that way and he won't have to worry about possible violations of any additional "Phillipine" Laws.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 8:09:01 AM EDT
[#18]
But full-auto is so much fuuuuun to shoot.

Who cares if it's a waste of ammo.

Av.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 1:33:04 PM EDT
[#19]
In General and in the United States the Answer is No. I believe that technically in the Phillipines owning any gun is illegal (though people tend to ignore that law).

Full Auto is a waste of ammunition anyway and Not nearly as effective as Semi-Auto Fire. Studies have born this out. Your "Uncle" should keep it in Semi-Auto ONLY it is more effective that way and he won't have to worry about possible violations of any additional "Phillipine" Laws.

HaHa that's the biggest load of crap I ever did hear.  If you are correct then why does virtually every military and elite policing agency in the world choose full auto guns.

A select fire weapon can do everything a semi auto can do and more.

You are a perfect example of just because you can't operate a full auto gun that you assume they are a waste for everyone.

Let me point out to you that there is a big difference between a shooter with a machine gun and a machine gun shooter with a machine gun.

Just like there is a difference between a pilot flying a P51 Mustang and a fighter pilot flying a P51 Mustang.

Either a machine gun operated by a machinegunner or a P51 Mustang operated by a fighter pilot will eat your semi auto non fighter pilot but before you even get to the firing line.

Link Posted: 1/31/2002 10:46:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

during Marshal law, no one was allowed to obtain a licence. If you got a licence before that date, it still was legal.

During Fidel Ramos's term in office, the laws were change to allow licence ownership. When i went back in 1997, there were gun shops around.

Besides, i wasn't asking aout the legalities, i wanted to know if it was possible to physically install one in a post ban rifle. Just a simple yes/no is needed. i don't want to know how.  

I know that you're more accurate in semi-auto. but Full auto is fun =)
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 11:01:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes, full auto IS fun.  I have a few friends that own registered full autos so I don't have to spend the money on my own, just buy ammo

Assuming you know it is illegal in the US by now and I don't care what you do in the Philippines, it is possible to install a DIAS in an AR15 lower as long as there is not a sear block.  To used an M16 sear you have to drill the hole for the pin.  I have seen jigs to do this at eBay or Gunbroker.com, can't remember.
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 3:38:19 PM EDT
[#22]
As long as we're talking about "WHAT" I'll continue to leave this open.  One d@mn word about "HOW" and it's locked and you'll be banned from the forum.

Forum's been down for a few days and I feel the need.

Arock
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#23]
nakey and anybody else who is interested in legally converting their rifles contact me by e-mail. I can explain it, but some of the people around here have a stick up their ____ about MGs. They feel that nobody should talk about Class 3 and anybody who does should be flamed mercilessly. There are legal uses such as replacement parts for a RR M16. Also, an RDIAS can be used in any AR-15 in America as long as it transfers of a Form 4. If anybody wants to know the legal way, I will respond by e-mail with a full detailing of the legal issues, the operational differences, etc... But, don't worry I won't assume you intend to break the law like some people do.
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 6:03:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Thank you for your kind words cc48510.  Your mature response now closes this most informative thread.  Thank you for your cooperation.

Arock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top